3DCoat Forums

Slide Vertex?

pieralessi

Question

14 answers to this question

• Advanced Member

Hello, thank you for having responded at least a week later, I don't know if you have been expelled from the Discord group like me just for expressing my opinion and complaining about the precariousness of the tutorials created without any instructional design and are outdated, which makes them inconsistent with the reality of the program. I never underestimated the help they offered but giving help without knowing the software and if they declared themselves self-taught offends me as a user and client, it is like calling the doctor to put out a fire. I have a clear conscience because I did pay for my license and I have suffered for more than a year from the poor learning support and the already countless bugs. Regarding the video, I don't see that it works to "slide", not simply move the vertex. If it were a surface, could it slide without any problem in the same axis of the edge and polygon without deforming said surface? Thanks again.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, pieralessi said:

Thanks, will the owner of Pilgway agree to give me a refund after more than 1 year?

why would you want a refund? if this software isnt used daily! then youre doing something wrong ... ive completely stopped poly modelling since using 3dcoat ... explore more

• Like 2

coat is incredibly powerful. its extremely useful. its got some tools no one else has. ive been working in games art production for over 20 years at var studios. give yourself time to learn. be open to doing things in a different way. with some time the things your frustrated with will fall away. there are treasures here to find but you have to be open to exploring the program on its terms and not some pre-conceived notions you have from other software. software is an art form in itself. its made by people who think individually uniquely. all of it has its peculiarities.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Elemeno said:

why would you want a refund? if this software isnt used daily! then youre doing something wrong ... ive completely stopped poly modelling since using 3dcoat ... explore more

I'm not asking for a refund, you are reading wrong, how did you learn? Exploring every day al tools and asking for a help every ten minutes? 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, marsmotion said:

coat is incredibly powerful. its extremely useful. its got some tools no one else has. ive been working in games art production for over 20 years at var studios. give yourself time to learn. be open to doing things in a different way. with some time the things your frustrated with will fall away. there are treasures here to find but you have to be open to exploring the program on its terms and not some pre-conceived notions you have from other software. software is an art form in itself. its made by people who think individually uniquely. all of it has its peculiarities.

I have never doubted that the software is powerful but without a doubt it has very little real learning support for its complexity, something that in its promotions makes it seem contrary, a program "easy like Photoshop" and that "can be used for industrial design" (see in the page) but when you find yourself in doubt about how to move an object because you have suddenly changed rooms and the manipulation tools are not the same, or they changed in the new version and the button simply has no connection with a video (F1), The few videos are often old, slow, long and you have to watch them in full to see if they address your question (they even show videos of other tools on YouTube). I thought the Discord group could really help me but you have to wait too long so they can barely understand if the mistake is mine or the program's. I took a Next Tuts course on Udemy and the instructor never responded to my problems, I ended up sending the file through this forum, they said they would solve it but it never worked for me. Now I'm doing the Teninsky one, I see that it goes like lightning and you can see what other users are complaining about there, what it says is not well understood and with accelerated videos and without showing shortcuts it is difficult to understand. They kicked me out of Discord without warning just because they got fed up with my complaints (I never used bad words), they became sensitive instead of supporting better learning support, it's hard to get to practice that way, I work too. I can understand these inconsistencies with Blender, which is Open Source, but 3D Coat is Paid. When I commented on Discord that I was upset because I had to pay extra to update to 2023.31 and be able to receive the bug fixes, one of the "self-taught geniuses" got upset and when I posted all the links of supposed schools attached to the 3D learning program Coat that they do not mention the program they simply closed me and now that I complain here they simply offer a refund with the sales email, or to sell my license to a third party (that is unfeasible), so they are recognizing their incompetence and offering a proposal not confirmed by The Pilgway Company. I'm not the only one to complain

... "its made by people who think individually uniquely. all of it has its peculiarities." This is precisely the worst thing about the program, it has separate collaborators and lacks a coherent interface design, they overwhelm with a lot of tools that do not always work and lack other essential ones, they need a director who thinks about the end user, not about an eternal apprentice waiting for solutions several days later, if I ask five questions in the forums they answer two after three days and They ignore the others.

it would take me a long time to unpack your answer. all i can say is the program does have a coherent interface once you get to know it. the tools work also otherwise i wouldnt be using this soft. no software is bug free none. i think your holding coat to a standard your probably not holding other software too that is also way more expensive btw. so if your in the process of learning try being more open and detailed about the trouble your having and less well non specific. that way people will answer you. now your complaining about tuts being too long to get info. yeah they are but the info is there if you watch the vids. alot of the info is from old vids but the core functions in the program are still so sim they work just fine. i have created a yt play list. here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvbDNcB5y5M&list=PLTws_PUJ0rh7UilUzES43A-CwtnwHmZly  402 tut vids. in the end no one will prob convince you. you have to decide on the value proposition yourself. all paid soft has issues. just because its paid does not mean its gonna be perfect. we dont live in that world.

• Like 2

• Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, marsmotion said:

it would take me a long time to unpack your answer. all i can say is the program does have a coherent interface once you get to know it. the tools work also otherwise i wouldnt be using this soft. no software is bug free none. i think your holding coat to a standard your probably not holding other software too that is also way more expensive btw. so if your in the process of learning try being more open and detailed about the trouble your having and less well non specific. that way people will answer you. now your complaining about tuts being too long to get info. yeah they are but the info is there if you watch the vids. alot of the info is from old vids but the core functions in the program are still so sim they work just fine. i have created a yt play list. here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvbDNcB5y5M&list=PLTws_PUJ0rh7UilUzES43A-CwtnwHmZly  402 tut vids. in the end no one will prob convince you. you have to decide on the value proposition yourself. all paid soft has issues. just because its paid does not mean its gonna be perfect. we dont live in that world.

When you read my comments completely and carefully you will be able to respond to everything I say.

42 minutes ago, marsmotion said:

我需要很长时间才能解开你的答案。我只能说,一旦你了解了这个程序,它确实有一个连贯的界面。这些工具也可以使用,否则我不会使用这个软件。没有一个软件是没有缺陷的。我认为你的持有外套符合标准,你可能也没有持有其他软件,顺便说一句,这也更昂贵。因此,如果您在学习过程中,请尝试更加开放和详细地描述您遇到的问题,而不是过于具体。这样人们就会回答你。现在你抱怨说太长了,无法获取信息。是的,但是如果您观看视频,信息就在那里。很多信息来自旧视频,但程序中的核心功能仍然非常简单,它们工作得很好。我创建了一个 yt 播放列表。此处:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=   BvbDNcB5y5M&list=PLTws_PUJ0rh7UilUzES43A-CwtnwHmZly 402 个视频。最终没有人会说服你。您必须自己决定价值主张。所有付费软件都有问题。仅仅因为它是付费的并不意味着它会是完美的。我们并不生活在那个世界。

Dear marsmotion friend, can you briefly describe what are the core features/most outstanding features of 3dc?

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, marsmotion said:

pie your problem is you hit people with rambling walls of text and then wonder why no one bothers. really look in the mirror...people have lives and arent made to cater to you. get over yourself really.

What do you mean by hitting people? I am more beaten for having paid for a program made without an order of use and without updated learning support. I have the right to complain about something that does not work correctly, I have not offended anyone, why don't you try to improve? Do you think everyone will applaud you wherever you go? Leave the sensitivity complexes.