3DCoat Forums

3DCoat UV's in ZBrush

Paint Guy

I am looking at buying ZBrush but using 3DCoat for my UV's but I want to make sure ZBrush has no problem using UV's created in 3DCoat.

Also you just need the .obj and the .uv file correct?

Thanks

Actually the OBJ inclusive the UVWs should be enough to use it in zBrush.

Awesome, thanks Taros, so if I understand correctly I only need to create the UV's in 3DC then export the .obj from 3DCoat. :)

Yes indeed! It's pretty easy really.

Have you downloaded the demo of ZB yet?

• Advanced Member
Yes indeed! It's pretty easy really.

Have you downloaded the demo of ZB yet?

Javis, Hi, no I am on mac an ZBrush has no mac demo yet so I am trying to do due diligence before I buy it and ask a lot of questions. I don't like the UI but I have tried ZBrush before and I eventually could find my way around OK. :)

• Advanced Member
Dont buy it until you've tried it. ZB has a doozy of an interface. it can be a real deal breaker.

Mmmh, I think, this is one of the best Interfaces on the market of 3D Applications because....it is totally free configurable. If you don't like a menue...build your own. There is no other application offering this freedom I know...

• Advanced Member
Mmmh, I think, this is one of the best Interfaces on the market of 3D Applications because....it is totally free configurable. If you don't like a menue...build your own. There is no other application offering this freedom I know...

thats not really a sign of a good interface, being able to make your own interface - thats the sign of good software programming.

Not needing to change the interface because its so good right from the start - that is the sign of a great interface design.

thats not really a sign of a good interface, being able to make your own interface - thats the sign of good software programming.

Not needing to change the interface because its so good right from the start - that is the sign of a great interface design.

Seconded. The ZB interface will throw anyone for a loop. I used it for years, and if I didn't use it for more then a week I had to relearn using some parts of it. It was more of a hassle then it was worth.

• Advanced Member

post-920-1251491582_thumb.jpg

Seconded. The ZB interface will throw anyone for a loop. I used it for years, and if I didn't use it for more then a week I had to relearn using some parts of it. It was more of a hassle then it was worth.

ZBrush get's a bad rap for it's UI but once you get into it it's not too bad. So far 3DCoat and ZBrush are working well together for me. Only time will tell. :)

• Advanced Member
You shouldn't have to take time to get used to it. Even saying "get used to it" sounds bad. I went through a long tutorial and still didn't like the UI by the end of the lesson, it shouldn't take that long.

For the record I didn't say "Get used to it" but get into it! but yes it's not for eveyone. :)

• Advanced Member
Well OK then, "get into it", my point still stands.

I hope you weren't offended Phil. Your point is well taken. I guess what works for one person may not work for another. One thing I try and remember is they're all just tools. Whatever tool(s) can get the job done best is the tool I want to use. Anyway's this has strayed far off the original topic so I digress. :)