3DCoat Forums

Voxel Default Ball Option

goodrichm

I'll take this a step further and say that there should be no options when entering the voxel tab, there should be nothing in the viewport whatsoever.

I think that when entering the voxel tab without selecting a preset volume from the bootup window, there should be absolutely nothing in the viewport, and instead it should default to the primitives tool with the sphere, or another primitive selected, all you need to do is apply it.

• Advanced Member
I'll take this a step further and say that there should be no options when entering the voxel tab, there should be nothing in the viewport whatsoever.

I think that when entering the voxel tab without selecting a preset volume from the bootup window, there should be absolutely nothing in the viewport, and instead it should default to the primitives tool with the sphere, or another primitive selected, all you need to do is apply it.

This was requested months ago and is highly needed. Now that 3.1 is out I hope Andrew get's a little time to sort through the many Feature Requests and can filter out the most important ones for implementation into 3DCoat. :)

• Advanced Member
This was requested months ago and is highly needed. Now that 3.1 is out I hope Andrew get's a little time to sort through the many Feature Requests and can filter out the most important ones for implementation into 3DCoat. :)

why don't you click the square in the voxel dialog? You get an empty scene...what's the problem? I like it as it is... :good:

post-1630-1251493189_thumb.jpg

Rene

• Advanced Member
why don't you click the square in the voxel dialog? You get an empty scene...what's the problem? I like it as it is... :good:

Rene

Would also be nice to have it in the prefs... I don't like the default ball myself btw... I second the request...

AJ

• Advanced Member

Rene

Agreed! It takes ONE click to get an empty scene/room. Surely there are higher priorities than this?

Yes it's not that big an issue. BUT... I think what people are missing here is that, if you start with a different tab (painting, etc) upon booting up 3DC, and THEN switch to the voxel tab, there will be a sphere in the scene. I believe that is what the OP meant by his post, and that is what I meant by mine.

... I think what people are missing here is that, if you start with a different tab (painting, etc) upon booting up 3DC, and THEN switch to the voxel tab, there will be a sphere in the scene. I believe that is what the OP meant by his post, and that is what I meant by mine.

Well, then - yes. For such cases (if the prog was started for working with micro-vertex and per-pixel painting) then we only need an implementation of 'auto-clean up vox scene' or something like this, I guess...

Just noted: this 'issue''s discussed by 'Advanced members' (except me, of course ^_^ )

Well, then - yes. For such cases (if the prog was started for working with micro-vertex and per-pixel painting) then we only need an implementation of 'auto-clean up vox scene' or something like this, I guess...

Just noted: this 'issue''s discussed by 'Advanced members' (except me, of course ^_^ )

Hey there! I meant no offense by my post or that anyone is more or less advanced by another. Sorry if it came off that way. :)

The issue is just a little niggling one.

Yes it's not that big an issue. BUT... I think what people are missing here is that, if you start with a different tab (painting, etc) upon booting up 3DC, and THEN switch to the voxel tab, there will be a sphere in the scene. I believe that is what the OP meant by his post, and that is what I meant by mine.

Yes, this is exactly what I meant to say in the original post. :blink: Thanks for translating so well what I meant to say...you're a good mind reader ;)