3DCoat Forums

Rhino Dude

mwgrafx

This is about 3 hours while playing with voxels. I plan on taking it through the whole pipeline of 3d coat. Still haven't master voxels yet. It will be intresting when I get to painting. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to add armor to this piece? I'm there yet, just planning ahead.

1-8.jpg

4-2.jpg

• Advanced Member

Nice blockout! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

For armors I usually just use the copy brush as a starting point myself... nothing fancy. There's so many ways you could do it but that one is simple and easy to work with. The odd primitive can help too if your overall shape is fairly close.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Contributor

I think I preferred him b4. Anatomy looked more beleievable in the first sketched version. Belly now is too Regimentallly defined. Think maybe for me anyhow it lost some of its dynamic when you added detail. Too much now on legs, Muscles look confused. Still great effort though. Keep on.

Thanks ggaliens, I feel that if I make the head to big it would throw off porportions, thanks for the advice and I'm glad you like.

LJB-Thanks for taking the time out to reply. I know that the anatomy from the knee down looks confusing. Maybe else where? I'm trying to figure out how a rhino foot would look if attached to a human leg. I'm not to keen on the back of the leg either. Espcially the back of the knee. But I'm working on it. I was thinking of a gut that was big and somewhat defined, but I can see where this is confusing. Are you refering that the muscle groups should be more subtle?

• Contributor
Thanks ggaliens, I feel that if I make the head to big it would throw off porportions, thanks for the advice and I'm glad you like.

LJB-Thanks for taking the time out to reply. I know that the anatomy from the knee down looks confusing. Maybe else where? I'm trying to figure out how a rhino foot would look if attached to a human leg. I'm not to keen on the back of the leg either. Espcially the back of the knee. But I'm working on it. I was thinking of a gut that was big and somewhat defined, but I can see where this is confusing. Are you refering that the muscle groups should be more subtle?

Maybe more subtle, the Legs now look very Cubic, too thick. in the previous version legs where thinner and More relistic, Much the same with the belly/sturnum area it was Perfect B4 but now it too defined. because of the added mass to the Legs and thickness added in Z, his pose/Stance Which Set his character in the sketch has Changed Detrimentally. Also Id say quite the reverse with the head. In order to offset this guys Power v intellect Id suggest you make the head slightly smaller.

Sorry for my Harsh critique But that first sketch is very good. Dynamic stance & Stylised sketching. Now however he feels rigid. too heavy.

Just my Two pence for whatb its worth. Please dont take offense none is meant.

@LJB - I dont find your critiques harsh. That is how I grow artistically. I would rather have some one tell me this doesn't look right and tell me what it is than have some one say "Oh, that looks great!" knowing some thing isn't. I know there are inconsistencies but you get to looking at it for awhile and it helps to have a fresh pair of eyes look at it. So in short no offense taken. :D

@GED - Yeah it felt over down to me also. I went and got more Rhino references and agree. After look at the references I also notices his toes are completely wrong.

I will post more updates when I get the chance.

Edit: I also changed his stance because when I would sculpt, espcially around the crotch area, the voxels would bridge together. It made it REALLY tough to sculpt in an area that was close together. His crotch just kept getting closer to the ground. Same with the armpit areas. The only workaround I could find was to seperate it further.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another pass with everyones consideration. Fixed some anatomy issues. I having a hard time with the move tool. I get artifacts and it is real slugish and unpredictable. Also the smooth tool seems unresponsive sometimes.

post-1288-12547502839536_thumb.jpg

post-1288-12547503020486_thumb.jpg