3DCoat Forums

Wings N Feathered Things

3d_sculptress

• Contributor

thanks, kay_Eva & haikalle...yea, I've always wanted to design my own jewlry, and figurines, etc.,,so now I'll finally be able to do that, I'll be able to turn the designs I really like into real jewlry, cause there's more n more companies on the web now that will turn any 3D object into a real life object, for a reasonable price...so that'll be great.

I was trying out the new muscle tool when I created the 'spear'...used the muscle tool to create the feathers. still gotta experiment with it alot more, of course, but I think it'll be very useful...and I haven't used the curve tool at all yet, but will be exploring it so that I can bow/curve my wings, etc..

I love the freedom of being able to go into 3DCoat and just play and explore. one of the best investments I'll ever make, imo.

well thanks for checking out my art and your feedback is always welcome. drinks.gif

• Contributor

I liked your wing experiments - I am also hoping to have a go at printing out some stuff- Have you looked at Ghostdogs thread out on his experiments with shapeway printers?

hi, Jake...thanks....I've always used HP printers...the printer I have now is a HP Photosmart 2575v- 300dpi --All In One (Scanner, Copier, Printer) I can just stick my HP EasyShare camera card in it n download all my pics, too. (I think mine ran about $300.00 when I bought it about 2 years ago, but HP has their printers on sale right now)....but as for Ghostdogs thread, where's it located ? (which forum category)

• Contributor

Haha, 3d_sculptress, I think Jake_H means 3D print. smile.gif

and yet another 'duh' moment......rolleyes.gif ..pardon.gif ..

btw, Jake, I checked out shapeway...will try them out asap.....

checked out 'desktop factory', too... n the way they talked, the general public will be able to buy their own desktop 3D printer for around $1000.00 in the next 2-3 years...

http://www.desktopfactory.com/news/cnn_money.html

http://www.desktopfactory.com/our_product/

• Contributor

Hi I was inspired by your wings.

hi, spacepainter...you just made my day rolleyes.gif ....I'm so glad to hear that. when i post my work, I always hope someone will be inspired by it...I'll go check out what you were inspired to do in just a few minutes. ..n btw, you've inspired me to experiment even more with the wings.. wink.gif