3DCoat Forums

Little Space marine :

Ratchet

• Advanced Member

Well for a game project , retro remake similar to Chaos Engine game !

spacemarine.jpg

wirev.jpg

Any idea how to get rid of the seams ?

I made the symmetry under Blender , before importing the obj in 3D Coat.

Even by painting : no way to eras teh seam :((((((((((( !!

Anyone had that problem also ?

• Contributor

so sorry..i didn't see your question until just now...if Phil's suggestion doesn't work, u might try this...if you were to try n smooth the seams, it would probably just make them worse, of course, if the seams are indented,,(or if they're already lower than their surrounding areas) but if they are indented, you could use the 'increase' tool (at a very low setting ...around 10 on depth and 10 on smoothing) to enlarge them, then use the smooth tool (at a very low setting) to smooth them back out, then it just might do the trick....

if the seams are 'raised' tho, (higher than their surrounding area) again, i would try smoothing at the lowest setting.(around 10 on depth and 10 on smoothing) if the smoothing doesn't work, u could try setting increase on 'invert tool action', then set it at the lowest setting.(around 10 on depth and 10 on smoothing) ..inverted increase gets out alot of seams for me that smoothing won't.