3DCoat Forums

Guybrush Threepwood(Mighty Pirate)

Roger_K

• Advanced Member

The is Guybrush Threepwood, another character from the Monkey Island series of games.

I created the mesh in silo and unwrapped it in UVlayout. Textures so far are 100% 3D coat.

guybrush_smooth.png

guybrush_wires.png

My reference can be found here

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/RogerKnightly/guybrush_ref.png

UV Tile

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/RogerKnightly/guybrush_uv_tile.png

• Like 4

What no unwrapping in 3DC?? ;) Just kidding!

Really great, your meshes here have a lot of character. I really like this one and your last piece. Amazing quality and very stylish. I hope to see more of this kind of thing. Keep it up!

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

that's a cool looking pirate, Roger..nice sharp details,imo. n i really like the colors.

Thank you :) I cant claim credit for the palette, I pretty much went with the character design

What no unwrapping in 3DC?? ;) Just kidding!

Really great, your meshes here have a lot of character. I really like this one and your last piece. Amazing quality and very stylish. I hope to see more of this kind of thing. Keep it up!

Thanks man, Im glad you like the the model so far. As far as keeping it up goes there are a couple more characters I'd like to model from the series

Le Chuck and Elaine Marley. We'll see tho :) you know how it is.

Im watching 3D Coats UV system carefully but it'll take a hell of a lot to shake me out of the UVLayout tree. It's damn near perfect.

• Advanced Member

Give the hair some bump and you will be set.. Looks great..

Thanks man, i've been playing with bumps and anisotropic reflections. I have a subtle bump on there allready to break the gloss curve up a bit.

Today I created some cloth trousers for him in max with cloth simulation, This was very dense so I used 3DC's retopo tools to make them a bit more manageable.

guybrush_testrender_6.png

guybrush_testrender_5.png

• 3 years later...