3DCoat Forums

Faun!

lino

Awesome work Lino! I am very happy to see you here on these forums. :)

How far do you plan to work this character? Texture, rig and animate? :D

Thank you so much!

For sure I want to do something cool with it! :)

Another wip (ear added)!

post-2466-12736922524569_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Excellent sculpture here lino. Thats why I love voxels - 3dcoat. Because some people understand how to use this. I could say -just for fun- an ear maker. Isn't it? ;)

Lets see next steps. But I already enjoy the way you sculpt. :clapping: lino.

Excellent sculpture here lino. Thats why I love voxels - 3dcoat. Because some people understand how to use this. I could say -just for fun- an ear maker. Isn't it? ;)

Lets see next steps. But I already enjoy the way you sculpt. :clapping: lino.

Thank you so much michalis!

3D Coat is a fantastic retopology and painting software! About voxel sculpting, what I really miss are some kind of hierarchy-wise metaball (such as ZSpheres in ZB). Curves are really nice to simulate this, but would be great to have something more specifically suited for sketching the whole shape of a character.

• Advanced Member
what I really miss are some kind of hierarchy-wise metaball (such as ZSpheres in ZB)

I don't miss this at all LOL. Here, in voxels room, you have the opportunity to really sculpt and sketch in many ways. You can cut huge portions from a cube, can add or move as many geometry you want. 3DC is a great tool to sketch a model and even export it to zbrush to finnish it. In fact this was the reason I bought a 3DC license.

see my first attempts in 3DC. http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5152&st=60

I don't miss this at all LOL. Here, in voxels room, you have the opportunity to really sculpt and sketch in many ways. You can cut huge portions from a cube, can add or move as many geometry you want. 3DC is a great tool to sketch a model and even export it to zbrush to finnish it. In fact this was the reason I bought a 3DC license.

see my first attempts in 3DC. http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5152&st=60

Sure....fast sketching is cool in 3D-Coat!!! I love its whole workflow.

About your work....stunning!

• Advanced Member

Horns look great but I don't like hair, you used this tool... Well, IMO we don't need these in 3DC, you maybe spoiled from zbrush, he he . In voxels room feel free to express yourself as using real clay. Forget 'z spheres'.

• Like 1

Nice. Do you plan the rest of the body or some textures?

I'd like to do both.

Horns look great but I don't like hair, you used this tool... Well, IMO we don't need these in 3DC, you maybe spoiled from zbrush, he he . In voxels room feel free to express yourself as using real clay. Forget 'z spheres'.

The hair are just a placeholder for the one I'll add in Lightwave. What do you mean exactly? What we don't need in 3DC? I'm missing something here! :unsure: