3DCoat Forums

3.3 - MANIPULATORS IN RETOPO ROOM ARE NOT WORKING at import, as long as they are smaller than the voxel reference...

• Advanced Member

Import an obj object into the retopo room, try to catch the manipulator handles to transform it, it's the hardest thing to do cuz they can only be grabbed at certain view angles. And what's even worse is that if you do something wrong, undo does NOT work. I wasted close to 45 minutes trying to manipulate an object to fit on top of a voxel volume this way, and finally gave up. This has to be fixed.

AJ

Import an obj object into the retopo room, try to catch the manipulator handles to transform it, it's the hardest thing to do cuz they can only be grabbed at certain view angles. And what's even worse is that if you do something wrong, undo does NOT work. I wasted close to 45 minutes trying to manipulate an object to fit on top of a voxel volume this way, and finally gave up. This has to be fixed.

AJ

Which function are you using to transform a whole retopo mesh?

I don't find something to move a whole retopo mesh...

• Advanced Member

Which function are you using to transform a whole retopo mesh?

I don't find something to move a whole retopo mesh...

1- RETOPO > IMPORT

2- Try and manipulate the transformations of the imported object before hitting enter, you'll see... I'm not referring to manipulating the transformations of an object retopologized in 3DC, buit rather to an object already modeled externally to be imported into the retopo room.

He means: If you have a voxelobject in the background, that is bigger than the manipulator, then it is not possible to grab the ratators, for example.

Attached a shot, that displays an example situation.

Best wishes

Chris

post-955-12748120885018_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

He means: If you have a voxelobject in the background, that is bigger than the manipulator, then it is not possible to grab the ratators, for example.

Best wishes

Chris

Yup, that's about it... Thanx Chris. I'm really going nuts with this.

• Reputable Contributor

Yup, that's about it... Thanx Chris. I'm really going nuts with this.

I was having an issue with the gizmo as well...anytime I would try to click on the scale handle/box, it would rotate my object instead. And when I hit "CTRL Z" to try and undo the unwanted rotation, it un-did the import altogether.

The transform gizmo in the Voxel Room still isn't functioning properly. It still shows up wherever it pleases, and almost never centered on the object you have selected (when you choose the transformation tool). That is a major pain in the bum...and I hope it gets fixed soon

Best wishes

Chris

Strange, I tried to reproduce, but no lack. Manipulators are working always correctly in no dependence where they are - over the voxel object or no.

Btw, try to select again [Camera]->Custom navigation->3D-Coat