3DCoat Forums

Fortunochio

• Advanced Member

post-426-12789450414294_thumb.jpg

post-426-12789450759826_thumb.jpg

Hi!

a long time ago it did not put anything new so here something i work in 3d coat with DP

the modeling was done in blender3d

I will post better images later, the rendering with textures was in 3d coat.

I have a problem

I notice i did a bad UV for a small part of the shoe, How is the process to fix problems with UV inside 3dcoat?.

I try to find a way to separate UV or Split but no luck.

I try to export UV and fix the problem in Blender, fixing one of the uv shoes and duplicate and flipping that shape, importing the UV back to 3d coat Freeze my computer ,maybe i chose the wrong method :(.

Sorry my English Is a bit bad.

Mark the seams, which have to be used as divider and make a new unfold. Don't worry about your painted work, it will be not destroyed and keep at the position.

Use the newest version of 3DC for organising uv sets, if needed. Current is 3.3.07A

Do you have a screenshot of your uv set? This would help.

Best wishes

Chris

• Reputable Contributor

post-426-12789450414294_thumb.jpg

post-426-12789450759826_thumb.jpg

Hi!

a long time ago it did not put anything new so here something i work in 3d coat with DP

the modeling was done in blender3d

I will post better images later, the rendering with textures was in 3d coat.

I have a problem

I notice i did a bad UV for a small part of the shoe, How is the process to fix problems with UV inside 3dcoat?.

I try to find a way to separate UV or Split but no luck.

I try to export UV and fix the problem in Blender, fixing one of the uv shoes and duplicate and flipping that shape, importing the UV back to 3d coat Freeze my computer ,maybe i chose the wrong method :(.

Sorry my English Is a bit bad.

Outstanding work...I love it.

• Advanced Member

Outstanding work...I love it.

Taros

thanks for the Help, but the problem is that i duplicate the leg with the shoes there are using the same UV So if i try to unfold again i will have all the parts separated over the same UV space.

I like how Blender manage the UVs I can select whatever part i want and only unwrap that area.

I think we need that in 3d coat, now I think i have no solution, I fix the uv in blender, import back the uv to 3dcoat and Freeze my computer.

No problem:

Go to the the uv tab, select the isle which have to be unfolded and press one of the unfold functions manually: ABF++, ISCM or Planar. After this, rearrange the isles by using "PackUV2". Then use "Apply UV-Set". All painted infos stay in place.

If you have set new seams, use the "Upd. Islands" Function before selecting the new island to unfold it.

Best wishes

Chris

• Advanced Member

No problem:

Go to the the uv tab, select the isle which have to be unfolded and press one of the unfold functions manually: ABF++, ISCM or Planar. After this, rearrange the isles by using "PackUV2". Then use "Apply UV-Set". All painted infos stay in place.

If you have set new seams, use the "Upd. Islands" Function before selecting the new island to unfold it.

Best wishes

Chris

Thanks Taros I will try that, sound like a good solution :)

• Reputable Contributor

Thank you very much taros, this works great, I need to catch up with the new features in VS 3.3 :)

Have you tried to do any sculpting since 3.3.07 was released? If not....man...what a difference. The No.1 problem that got under my skin was the sometimes huge merging times. Andrew stuck the landing on that problem. A perfect 10.0 :yahoo:

• 6 months later...