3DCoat Forums

Simple little things...

BeatKitano

• Contributor

that makes the program more predictable and useable.

Here's a list of some quirks i encounter with 3dc, it's focused on ui/workflow only.

-Solo button/shortcut for hiding/unhiding (toggle) unselected voxtool, this would help to refine the shapes of your voxtool without any obstacle and with a performance increase (since it's only one voxtool visible) IMPLEMENTED \o/

-Custom grid in voxel room not saved between sessions

-hotkeys ignored if you switch to another room and go back to voxel (namely the popup shortcuts come back if you deactivated'em)[EDIT]Fixed: you need to manualy edit your Options.xml in "*SystemDrive*\Users\*Username*\Documents\3D-CoatV3" to remove all undesired key between the <Code></Code>

-symmetry plane visibility is changed when switching from room to room

-you can't use the "F" key in voxel room in english language to switch between brushes, you have to hover interface element to work [EDIT] Actually that was a conflict with navigation shortcut f for frame.

-Fallof doesn't have a way to be associated with a shortcut, a pitty really since it's super useful, it can replace basic round brushes to switch between broad alpha and creasing alpha[EDIT] You can set this up in the navigation customization panel.

-we definetely need a shortcut to switch between voxel mode and surface mode, it's super usefull.

-last pressure settings used should be saved too, it's annoying to have to change it every session (Personnaly I hate sculpting with radius/depth both affected by pressure at the same time)

-we need ot be able to assign shortcuts to the elements of the pen pressure and mouse click panel, that way we can carve with lasso rectangle, draw lines and so on with tools the easy way.

-LONG LASTING BUG (early 3.0 alpha !): when you undo (ctrl+z) vox tree popup , it's super annoying if you have hidden this pannel to gain screen space.

i think i'm done for now

• Contributor

that makes the program more predictable and useable.

Here's a list of some quirks i encounter with 3dc, it's focused on ui/workflow only.

-LONG LASTING BUG (early 3.0 alpha !): when you undo (ctrl+z) vox tree popup , it's super annoying if you have hidden this pannel to gain screen space.

i think i'm done for now

Yes! I have spent measurable time re-hiding this popup. :(

• Applink Developer

I think that it would be time to kill that voxtree popup issue. But it's not issue only with Ctrl+ z. You can double click 3d-coat window(fullscreen on/off)

And that same happens. Also there is some other issue when you double click. If you are in voxel room increase tool selected. Double click window and "invert tool action" checkbox is gone.

• Applink Developer

Maybe we can make a list about these small bugs. Most of them are in bugs section in this forum. We need just to collect them and make one list. I'm more than willing to make a small videos from each bug. This could help Andrew's work a lot, if he is able to see one list and don't have to search them. I'm not home right now so I'm not able to create the list just yet. If anyone else wants to do it. Just go ahead. Maybe you, BeatKitano?

• 2 weeks later...
-we definetely need a shortcut to switch between voxel mode and surface mode, it's super usefull.

yes something like "Tab" or "~" Key should be fine and easy to reach, of cource the opportunity to bind a custom hotkey would be even better.

• Advanced Member

yes something like "Tab" or "~" Key should be fine and easy to reach, of cource the opportunity to bind a custom hotkey would be even better.

You can. Voxels -> Toggle proxy mode :D

But there are many options in the VoxTree menu that should be made hotkey-able.

• Advanced Member

actually its a bit different, proxy is reduced variant of the mesh, where surface stays at the same tri count as it was in voxel mode.

Oops, I knew that, it was late. :pardon:

It would be useful to be able to hotkey surfac/voxel switch among others.

• 1 month later...