3DCoat Forums

Mr_Nitro's Sketchbook'

Mr_Nitro

Hello Earthlings..

my latest sketch... plus one question:

am I stuck there? I modeled the thing all with voxels...

but now I 'm afraid it's too detailed for a lowpoly + displacement (and normal) , I tried some exports.. but with horrible results...

any suggestions?

meet_herbert_05mrn.jpg

thanks

mrn

• Advanced Member

What a great model, what a character! Love it :clapping:

but now I 'm afraid it's too detailed for a lowpoly + displacement (and normal) , I tried some exports.. but with horrible results...

Normally you'll export an excellent object.

1. PPP with normal maps only. +displacements

2. MV mode, here you can choose the density of exported mesh. Probably this is what you're asking.

So you'll be able to export a fine and as detailed as you wish obj. To what app BTW? This is important for some more detailed help.

Excellent model, once again. Thanks for posting.

Hello,

thanks :) I plan to do a serie of these antropomorph beings... in various situations...lets see if inspiration doesnt fade eheh

I tried to export for PPP, but it takes huge amount of time... (well my box is not super powerful...and only 4gb )

but I will try the MV too... it's a little confusing this whole process... I mean... lots of paths to go...

Will post some updates...

mrn

What a great model, what a character! Love it :clapping:

Normally you'll export an excellent object.

1. PPP with normal maps only. +displacements

2. MV mode, here you can choose the density of exported mesh. Probably this is what you're asking.

So you'll be able to export a fine and as detailed as you wish obj. To what app BTW? This is important for some more detailed help.

Excellent model, once again. Thanks for posting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

here's a little preview for a new 'warrior' type of character I'm doing. I've also a little question,

how comes that when I use the pose deformer to pose the index finger when I release it it select whole hand

and moves the manipulator away from my initial clicks? I tried radious/falloff... but no help... whats your workflow?

thanks.

mrn

hand_def.jpg

Hello,

here's a little preview for a new 'warrior' type of character I'm doing. I've also a little question,

how comes that when I use the pose deformer to pose the index finger when I release it it select whole hand

and moves the manipulator away from my initial clicks? I tried radious/falloff... but no help... whats your workflow?

thanks.

mrn

hand_def.jpg

That's the functionality that I am looking forward myself. Rather than area based capture - it would be nice to be able to limit it to a local poly shape, so that the area affected does not leak onto adjacent shapes. Something like a skinning toolsets in more general purpose packages.

You could paint the weights in 3dcoat, but that's not the same thing.

• Contributor

That's the functionality that I am looking forward myself. Rather than area based capture - it would be nice to be able to limit it to a local poly shape, so that the area affected does not leak onto adjacent shapes. Something like a skinning toolsets in more general purpose packages.

You could paint the weights in 3dcoat, but that's not the same thing.

If you select Pen selection mode,you can use lasso or polygonal lasso selector from E panel.

Its only a temporary fix because once you move the fingers too close to the hand,

you wont be able to select them again,even with the lasso.

This is why 3DC needs "selection sets" that user can save to disk or within the .3b

and reload when parts are too hard to select because they are too close to each others.

In Zb users use Polygroups to achieve those hard selections.

Im pretty sure its not too hard for Andrew to code, as long as user does not exit Surface Mode or change Proxy resolution vertex order should stay the same,so selections are probably linked to vertex numbers .

• Advanced Member

What about topology? Lets say I can set up the pose, what then? How to hide a group? Using complicated layer like split parts?

No, better to perform topology to 'open' T-like or similar poses. Then set the pose and do some more sculpting. But here we're coming to a zbrush similar room. ;)

What about topology? Lets say I can set up the pose, what then? How to hide a group? Using complicated layer like split parts?

No, better to perform topology to 'open' T-like or similar poses. Then set the pose and do some more sculpting. But here we're coming to a zbrush similar room. ;)

Point is, in my case I'm after pure concept, which is to me one big advantage of voxel workflow (not being tied to some basecage..etc).

for me it could be something like this:

system A : pose layers ala ZB, you can pose/unpose using a deformative layer, and the deformation is made using bone-like permanent system.

system B: create a more sophisticated 'wire' deformer, that sticks on the surface and allows user defined cross sections, and remembers the original

voxel set it was connected with (I might do some illustration to clarify the whole thing, if any interested). it also should remember it's original 'bind pose' so you can reset it to start point again.

In general I think a 'live' system would be a very nice way to go, by live I mean deformers and generators that are somehow connected to the surface

so if I move/rotate the model, nothing will go crazly broken cos deformers are not following.

my2cnts

mrn

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...