3DCoat Forums

3D Brush to Lightwave Morphed Object

Chuckpie

How can I bring in a .lwo, apply a pen texture, export back to Lightwave and use the texture as a morph. Example: a ball I texture a puncture hole in. I want the ball with no hole and when I apply a morph in .lws the hole appears.

Thanks

PS: A big selling point would be having some basic tutorials in video.

How is you intend to use the texture as a morph? If you have any pics on what you're trying to achieve I may be able to help you.

There is no special project. I am just trying to see how I could use 3D Brush for short cuts. For example the two ball photos. I know in lightwave the first ball would be the base and the second ball with the recessed texture would be the morphed object if done in lightwave. My real question is if I imported the first ball into 3db from lightwave and applyed the recessed texture as shown on the second ball and exported the ball back to lightwave, is there a way to have the second ball be the morphed object in lightwave?

post-545-1201101733_thumb.jpg

Another way Texture related, there is the "Textured Points" Function if you want to morph the base object to the morphed one with the texture(Displ. map)

Edit: If i didn't understand you correctly, sorry, english is not my native language. ;)

Edit2: maybe that will help too:

Load *.obj as Morph

http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1800

And the other way.

Write Morph to *.obj

http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1699