3DCoat Forums

Mac version?

Simon

I still have no clear answer on this question because porting to MacOS will not be cheap. So, it is possible that some small additional (not big, <50$) payment will be required to transfer license to MacOS. But I am ready to hear what do you think about this. I want that customers will be glad, but also I need some money to grow ploduct. So, pleasse advise what do you think about price and license transferring. All depends on you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a Mac User. I am a feature editor who likes to throw in some Lightwave. Your program would definitely be very useful to me in my work. There are a lot of editors like me that also do CGI.

Sjon Ueckert

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to try this program. Please inform me when the Intel Mac version (OSX 10.5.x is released). My experience over many years is that the latest- greatest OS versions almost always nullify one older application, or another, along the way. So that specific applications must be tailored for a specific OS. I hope you will also support the 3D Conexion/ Spaceball, on the OSX version.

A formZ user since 1995-- Bo Atkinson

• 1 month later...

Just found out about this application and you can count me in when the Mac versions out!

Like many others in the world waiting for years for the release of Zbrush on an Intel Mac...............life's too short and clients don't wait to get their work done. So power to you guys and good luck with this product.

We planned to post first beta at 9 of july (approximate).

Excellent!! I am more than happy to help in the beta in anyway possible. Thank you and your team for your good effort and quick work on getting this out for us Mac users.

9 of july has come, but beta is not done. As I have told it was approximate date. But anyway the work is in final stage and very soon public beta will be done. Not all depends on me in this question, there was some unpredictable delays.

I will post any news in this thread. Excuse me, I also don't like that beta is not done.

9 of july has come, but beta is not done. As I have told it was approximate date. But anyway the work is in final stage and very soon public beta will be done. Not all depends on me in this question, there was some unpredictable delays.

I will post any news in this thread. Excuse me, I also don't like that beta is not done.

Andrew. Wsio harasho :D

Quality should always go above deadline if possible... Just not the ZBrush way lol. They suck so bad I will never get their soft no matter how good it is.

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the update, Andrew. Even news that there is no news is news!

Certain other software companies (which shall remain...Pixologic and AutoDesk!) never keep people updated and it gets very frustrating.

Ever since Nevercenter (Silo) has been updating users, even with the most mundane news, it's been less hostile over there.

Well, looking forward to the Mac version...whenever it comes!

I'm interested in checking it out as well. I'm a Silo, Maya, Zbrush user too. Mac and PC for all of them. It would be interesting to see what all the hype is about. :)

I'm going to download the PC version and play with it some. I'd prefer to have it on Mac OS X though.

Just registered to post on this thread. I 'm a maya and Zbrush2 user on mac. As many other mac users out there I hope to see a good alternative to Zbrush and I really beleive this is the case here..Keep up the good work and please keep us informed..

What's the status on the Mac port? Would be nice to get some info on that.

Mac port is in final stage, it was a big work to rewrite render engine. So most difficult tasks are done. We are trying to make it quickly, I am trying to speed up porting as possible. I had a hope to make public beta week ago, but it is not ready. It is our first Mac port. But I am sure task will be done very soon. It is question of week or two.

What is done:

1) Render engine for open GL is done and substituted (it was huuuge piece of work)

2) 98% of all non - cross platform functions are rewritten

What is not done

1) Some small functions are not cross platform (Wacom & 3D-Mouse support)

2) Not linked still (a question of 2-3 days)

3) No Installation package