3DCoat Forums
    • Another couple issues related to multi-resolution: You can add subdivision levels, but there is no way to remove subdivision levels. ("Delete higher / delete lower") And an issue with the Freeze tool, more a suggestion "Pick to Apply Freeze Selection" is a great way to approximate polygroups (I wish there was a one-keystroke way to select and mask or hide a piece of mesh) but right now the method seems to be freezing parts that are fairly dissimilar from the picked color. Instead of freezing your color exactly, it picks other colors that are nearby. Generally I would use this feature to pick the exact color, but one way to deal with it is to use a color similarity / tolerance slider for how much the resulting mask should include similar colors.
    • Sorry did you mean to reply to a different topic? For me, 3DCoat 2024.28 doesn't seem to open past the loading art screen, although earlier versions such as 2024.26 work fine   Edit: Deleting the python 3.8.10 folder in 3dcoat folder seems to let the newest version launch for whatever reason
    • Sorry for the late response @Gorbatovsky.  Polyline? I am perhaps missing on this feature. On the other hand the extrude naked edges feature allows fine control in creating certain shapes. For example, if one would want to trace a certain profile, with explicit control over the amount of edges and vertices produced, this would very much help. I will go have a look at the Polyline and Spline you mention. On the topic of creating edges, is it possible to convert a straight curve object to edges? I believe this wasn't possible some time ago.  
    • This is actually working as I would expect, I'll double check my setup and record myself reproing the issue if it persists, though I can no longer attach videos because of forum data limit. thanks for looking into it *Edit Edit* Just updated my 3DCoat to the beta and the issue is fixed now! Yey New layer might be a requirement, but the issues of the mesh vertices becoming merged to other distant parts of the model esp. when applying symmetry seems like a bug. Also specifically the issue of painting with paint tool automatically creating / switching to "Layer(no space)1" and other tools creating  "Layer (space) 1"  seems like just a string being inconsistent in the code. IF Layer1 has to be generated, I would want 3DC to make it a bit more obvious that was happening + consistent where possible -- as I mentioned, sculpt layers are a source of mesh bugs when working in sculpt mode historically and so I try to ensure I'm working with only one or two layers max, and I collapse them a lot. I have even taken to turning "Layer 1" depth opacity to zero so I can't sculpt on it even 3DC switches to it, as it does when executing many operations, for example, when decimating a mesh. (Repro: decimate a mesh. It will create a Layer 1 and switch to it without notifying the user. Trying to use "Paint" brush on Layer 0 results in Layer1 being created and switched to, even if Layer 1 exists.) It also seems like "Layer(space)1" is explicitly referenced by different tools -- eg if you use certain tools it will either create or switch to Layer 1. At a high level, there's just some UX there I think could be improved. I find myself having to clean up & keep track of my layers a lot to ensure I'm not sculpting on the wrong one.
    • Quick Tip: Avoiding Errors working w/ Retopo UV'sView the full article
    • Oh, nice. Though now after installing the latest 2024-28 version its stuck on the splash art loading screen and doesn't open 3dcoat
    • I've also emailed but not sure if email will get through I am able to access these forums using the Pilgway quick sign-in button however this site keeps dumping any password I try to establish for a login separate to my Pilgway login.
    • Hallo Zusammen, ich bin Neueinsteiger in der Welt von 3D Coat und bin auf der Such nache Kursen auf Deutsch. Kann hier jemand Informationen dazu teilen? Thomas
    • Have not tried uninstalling and installing new 2024-28 update yet  but got it working using the files that Britain linked in his post above.
    • The same with their respective counterparts in the Voxel space.
    • Hi, We’re happy to announce that Fab—the new home for Megascans—has launched.  As you download Megascans from Fab, you’ll find that the Megascans library has been substantially revamped, increasing quality, performance and standardization, with many significant improvements making Megascans even better and easier to use (learn more). We can't wait to release thousands of new assets next year—during 2024 we traveled more than ever before to bring you some of our best and varied collections yet.    Starting right now until the end of 2024, you can claim the entire Megascans library for free, including over 17,000 upgraded premium-quality assets and 10 packs with brand new scene files from Quixel, all under Fab’s Standard Licenses. It just takes one click! You can access them from the Quixel profile on Fab, but they will not be added automatically to My Library at this time; you may add them to My Library individually by clicking the Add to Library button on the listing page. We’re working on a solution to add all of your claimed Megascans assets to My Library.   The Fab Standard License also allows you to use content in any engine or tool, regardless of whether you’ve purchased the Personal or Professional pricing tier. While Megascans will become for-purchase in 2025, we will still be offering a free 1,500+ starter pack of our most popular assets, including 3D assets, 3D plants, trees, and a rich selection of 2D assets. We’ll also be releasing free time-limited content drops of brand new Megascans assets every month.   And don’t forget: Referenced Megascans content within Unreal Editor for Fortnite (UEFN) will remain free into 2025 and beyond. We're in the process of updating and refreshing the Megascans catalog that is available through UEFN with better, higher quality versions of many of the assets. Updates should be complete in the coming weeks.   Quixel subscriptions (Unreal, Personal, Indie) have officially ended. Head over to the Quixel Bridge desktop app or visit Quixel.com to check if you have an eligible points balance. If you do, you can easily request a refund or convert those points into Epic Wallet credit (learn more). For those of you with a custom Studio license, your access to Quixel tools and services will keep rolling as per your agreement. Please reach out if you’re eager to access the new Megascans content on Fab.   For questions about how to access your past Megascans acquisitions, check out our Fab Transition FAQ or Fab documentation. Should you have any questions, please check out the Epic Developer Community or reach out to our support team.   Lastly, we’ll soon be releasing a public roadmap that shares some upcoming Megascans packs, which will come with full-fledged scenes to kickstart your creativity. We'll keep you posted on this and much more.   Regards, The Quixel Team
    • 3DCoat-2024-28  - Fixed problem of "Import for vertex painting/Sculpt" - some meshes was broken. In addition AppLink may drop the model to the Import tool instead of making the new surface object.
    • 3DCoat-2024-28  - Fixed problem of "Import for vertex painting/Sculpt" - some meshes was broken. In addition AppLink may drop the model to the Import tool instead of making the new surface object.  
    • As you said, Act as vox hide is the best option to use custom brushes. VoxHide is useful for geometric shapes as it is show on this video  
    • Hello, can I use Vox Hide brush tool with a custom brush somehow? It only allows to use default sphere-like shape as a brush from what I can see.  I know I can use Base Clay brush "act as a Vox Hide" and use custom brush masks via it but I wish default Vox Hide brush would also have this function.  Thanks!