3DCoat Forums

Paint room: Display "linked layers"

Taros

• Advanced Member

+1 from me but I can see this getting confusing pretty quick when there are multiple linked layers.

I propose an addition to this request, adding color coding or a numerical correspondence so that when I look at a layer with a link icon on it, I can tell quickly

which layer it is linked to.

post-631-0-19359100-1343921418_thumb.jpg

We also really need layer folders, but that's another feature request (looks like maybe in v4).

• Like 1

+1 from me but I can see this getting confusing pretty quick when there are multiple linked layers.

I propose an addition to this request, adding color coding or a numerical correspondence so that when I look at a layer with a link icon on it, I can tell quickly

which layer it is linked to.

post-631-0-19359100-1343921418_thumb.jpg

We also really need layer folders, but that's another feature request (looks like maybe in v4).

Good argument. But I think this would became very confusing sometime.

What about this alternatives:

1. When I move my mouse over an chain(link) icon, the name of the linked layer(s) appears as tooltip.

2. This could be an combination with point 1: When I move over an link icon, the linked layers will be highlighted automatically. After I move the mouse away, the highlight(s) will be deactivated.

I guess this could be more elegant. What do you think?

Best wishes

Chris

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I like the second alternative, linked layers hilighted.

What about being able to parent a layer to another, just like in the voxel room?

This could serve 2 purposes:

1. Give us layer folder organization.

2. If the parent layer has painted content, that content will mask all child layers, essentially all child layers will be linked to the parent.

I like the second alternative, linked layers hilighted.

What about being able to parent a layer to another, just like in the voxel room?

This could serve 2 purposes:

1. Give us layer folder organization.

2. If the parent layer has painted content, that content will mask all child layers, essentially all child layers will be linked to the parent.

Layer paranting is an individual feature request, very long awaited and definitely needed in the paint room.This should be implemented everywhere layers are used, if you ask me...

-> Wished since 2010... see here: -> http://3d-coat.com/m.../view.php?id=26

Please support it there to give it a remind.

• 7 months later...