3DCoat Forums

This beta contains bugfixes and some interesting additions.

1) texture editor/viewer is in different movable/resizable window

2) shift - constrains for horisontal/verlical/diaginal movements of the pen. Click on surface and then press SHIFT

3) grids and snap to grid work in 2D - mode also

4) more correct export of texture with multiple uv-sets

5) new nice preview of pens and smart hints

6) it is possible to edit/export/import pens as 16 bit tiffs with 7 cannels - RGBA, Depth, Specular, Erase mask

7) small icons over materials to indicate what layers is in material (depth/color/specular)

8) many bugfixes

9) 2D/3D grid are now in View menu

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-209B3A-en.exe

Thank to all of you for great help and coworking!

• Reputable Contributor

I noticed one possible bug when loading obj. I choose 2048 texture resolution but after the model is loaded,the status numbers at the bottom, readout as 256x256 for the texture resolution. Also when I try to change the texture resolution after loading, it stays the same at 256x256

Thanks, it looks like you are paint over invisible UV-window. I will fix it soon.

It would be good you could have it so you can draw curves after pressing SHIFT while drawing and say key 'c'. Then you can specify the amount of curvature and its origin. I suppose the cursor would initially go to the center of the straight line. You could make a more complex curve or wiggly line by pressing 'c' again until accomplished.

I guess this would mean what sort of brush stroke is produced would have to be stored, which would be good as you could then move, rotate or scale brush strokes by section - whether they are freehand, line or curve. Initially the sections would be connected, though you could break them if desired.

• Advanced Member
I noticed one possible bug when loading obj. I choose 2048 texture resolution but after the model is loaded,the status numbers at the bottom, readout as 256x256 for the texture resolution. Also when I try to change the texture resolution after loading, it stays the same at 256x256

Yes,Andrew,I have the same phenomenon while using 3dc,it might be a bug.

It would be good you could have it so you can draw curves after pressing SHIFT while drawing and say key 'c'. Then you can specify the amount of curvature and its origin. I suppose the cursor would initially go to the center of the straight line. You could make a more complex curve or wiggly line by pressing 'c' again until accomplished.

I guess this would mean what sort of brush stroke is produced would have to be stored, which would be good as you could then move, rotate or scale brush strokes by section - whether they are freehand, line or curve. Initially the sections would be connected, though you could break them if desired.

This functionality seems to be too complex of I have missed something.

Do you mean something like in Photoshop - SHIFT+click draws line? Even not line but curve with intial curvature. Yes?

This functionality seems to be too complex of I have missed something.

Do you mean something like in Photoshop - SHIFT+click draws line? Even not line but curve with intial curvature. Yes?

Yes, I suppose holding shift could toggle a little menu where you can draw lines or curves instead