3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

Constructor Tool is neat, hope to see some new features for it in the future.

Some ideas:

1. How about some quick preset sizes...(5,10,15,20,25,30) or maybe just a x2 or /2  (double or half) current brush size.

2. A Sphere type block

3. Remove blocks with any object type selected (currently you have to have the square block selected and hold CTRL to clear)

Bugs:

Corner or Edge objects leave an "over hang" (also some objects like cylinder)

*This causes things to not align, and when you remove a block the "over hang" is left (see cylinder)

5414a3608e3c7.png

Overharg is inavoidable, othervice seams will appear.

There will be more blocks (gradually)

CTRL CLICK wil remove whole block in any mode.

Omg Andrew THANK YOU !

Not a big deal for some but it means a lot of for me:

Paint room bucket is now "autopicking". It means you don't have to select the volume you want to paint on (surface model painting) before filling it up with base color.

AND the paint doesn't make the layer selection go down to the lowest "used" layer :> It means you can now work just as you would in photoshop without loosing time picking volumes AND constantly adjusting layer selection \o/

One the other hand it doesn't keep the last layer selected per volume which means if:

You select layer one on mesh A

then select mesh B and select layer two

then go back to mesh A: your selection is now layer two.

Also, with the exception of the radius interference (sphere influence around backfacing polys) and some brush "dotting" along stroke, I must say: 3dcoat got better brush engine than zbrush. Good job here.

Andrew. Not been on here for a while, but just wanted to say that I've been using the latest version for the past couple of days (mainly retopo. UV and texture painting) and this feels like a really solid build. I haven't has a single crash. 

Thanks a lot! I am really glad last 3 "cleaning" weeks was helpful.

I did notice speed improvements in the paint room too. Switching between 3DC and Photoshop is seamless.  But the biggest speed improvement seems to be the baking routines. And just no issues.  Looking forward to playing with the other new tools.

Edited by wave of light

Updated to 4.1.15B

- strokes started in texture window will not continue on 3D.

Looks like this problem is still there when the texture window is docked :(

The manipulater for the pose tool isn't showing much of the time, even when 'hide gizmo' is disabled.  I'd post an image, but don't see where to upload if it isn't online already.  But there isnt much to look at, just the reliability of the pose tool is having some issues.

-j

The manipulater for the pose tool isn't showing much of the time, even when 'hide gizmo' is disabled.  I'd post an image, but don't see where to upload if it isn't online already.  But there isnt much to look at, just the reliability of the pose tool is having some issues.

-j

What version/build are you using? Seems like it's working fine on my end (4.1.16).

Try ALT + SHIFT + S when it happens or screen record it, so it's easier to see what's going on. No gizmo is going to show if you don't have anything selected.

CTRL CLICK wil remove whole block in any mode.

Then you have a small bug then, as none of the bottom 4 items (Cylinder, Cone etc) work with CTRL click to remove.

*Added to Mantis

@ bocs

CRTL+click is working on my end.

Do you have one of the bottom brick types selected? (it does work for the others)

example...in the pic when I hold CTRL it selects the middle block to clear, but when you click it adds the cylinder block when it should clear it.

5417b338d778d.png

When using the paint brush in combination with 'vertex lasso' stroke mode, and you double-click (to close/ apply the stroke) while the starting point of the lasso is outside the visible screen area, 3D Coat will crash.

I was playing with Constructor just now with the Options panel floating and discovered that when I clicked certain shapes the panel would jump to the top of the screen.  I was actually recording a little video demo of the tool so it must looks strange to the viewers.

I was playing with Constructor just now with the Options panel floating and discovered that when I clicked certain shapes the panel would jump to the top of the screen.  I was actually recording a little video demo of the tool so it must looks strange to the viewers.

When using the paint brush in combination with 'vertex lasso' stroke mode, and you double-click (to close/ apply the stroke) while the starting point of the lasso is outside the visible screen area, 3D Coat will crash.

Did you guys file Mantis reports?

- multithreading problems fixed in ppp painting - so it will work much faster (strokes, layers visibility etc)

- Paint room text tool aliasing problem fixed (but still needs some work even if become much better)

- Put picture along curve correctly works with opacity in depth channel

- swap YZ completely implemented in al tools (including axis and arrows colors). So Z-up mode should work correcty now.

• Like 4

- multithreading problems fixed in ppp painting - so it will work much faster (strokes, layers visibility etc)

- Paint room text tool aliasing problem fixed (but still needs some work even if become much better)

- Put picture along curve correctly works with opacity in depth channel

- swap YZ completely implemented in al tools (including axis and arrows colors). So Z-up mode should work correcty now.

Thanks a bunch, Andrew.

tumblr_nc6443yyuX1smmsbuo7_400.gif

Is it me or the sampler tool in paint room sometimes doesn't get the color under curser because the picking is offset ? I've to aim higher to get the right color. 

Nevermind.Looks like this one is the culprit. I don't understand how but in case someone is buggered by it:

weirdAlphaInteraction.png

My 'text' tool no longer works in voxel or surface mode ? I get nothing at all...

latest update, windows7 64.

Can anyone confirm ?

Mike C.

Edited by fingers

My 'text' tool no longer works in voxel or surface mode ? I get nothing at all...

latest update, windows7 64.

Can anyone confirm ?

Mike C.

Works fine, here. Might want to make sure the layer you have selected isn't hidden. I run into that problem all the time...wondering why a tool suddenly doesn't work. Turned out to be user error. It happens :D

141144017845.jpg

• Like 1

Andrew, is there any way to reduce the size/footprint of the Quick Access Panel? As you can see here, it is a monstrosity. Nothing QUICK about it, when it spans the entire width of the UI. :blink:

141146842132.jpg

• Like 1