3DCoat Forums

This is new beta for weekend :)

Changes:

Retopo:

1) Speed of snapping is increased 100X - now tweaking with brush and drawing curves is much faster.

2) Connecting, splitting curves with/without CTRL works well now. You can drag end of curve and attach to other curve, you can draw stroce that will end on the end of other curve and in this case curve will be prolonged.

3) Much better snapping on close parallel surfaces.

4) Many bugs fixed/stability improved

General

5) Licensing system is changed (but still not done on 100%)

6) Cavity painting is now more controllable

7) Invert mask is done

8) Clicking on buttons is done in other way (Lottmedia, please check)

9) mass of small cosmetic changes

The link is there

http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-10-BETA3.exe

If you want to get new serial please ask me at support@3d-coat.com

Guest Lottmedia
This is new beta for weekend :)

8) Clicking on buttons is done in other way (Lottmedia, please check)

No real change in the clicking but I'll check more in depth tonight

C-

• Advanced Member
Do I use my 3.09 3d-Coat serial for this Beta? It doesn't seem to work. Do I need to request a new serial just for the beta?

Thanks,

-Rodney Brett

You have to email Andrew for a new serial. The previous one will not work.

• Advanced Member

thanks for the key, Andrew (does the dialog read the value of my 'ctrl-c' cache?...because when I started

after install, the key you sent via email which I had copied was already input into the serial dialog box).

2 things that I noticed upon quick survey:

- still unable to hit 'return' to accept any value changes (must click on the 'ok' button)

- cavity painting seems very slow with both DX and OGL versions...basically paint and

wait...that is even with the preview box off of the model and minimized.

additionally, transform tool wasn't working for me in either version. (I click but see no rectangle

selection...just an unfunctioning standard cursor with alpha preview)

retopo tool seems quite a bit quicker as you indicated! :)

• Advanced Member

I tracked some bug. Here they are :

Bug in retopo mode, with the Merge into Scene tool :

It seems that when 3Dc project the details of the reference model on the new surface, sometimes, the projection distance isn't far enough, especially when the scale of ref model is very large.

On the attached pic, i had to subdivide the retopo surface in order to have a surface closer to the ref model, and to avoid the 'projection distance bug'

The solution would be that 3D coat calculate automatically a maximum distance, or that we can define ourselves this distance

Cavity radius :

When i want to enter a cavity radius value with the num keypad instead of using the slider, i can't reach the OK button, which is outside of the window. Enter dosen't validate, and Escape dosen't cancel. The only solution is to end DC with the task manager. :)

Cavity bugs :

i reported some bugs that occur when i use pressure dependant options (more on cavity, less on blue...) These bugs seems to be still here.

http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...9&hl=cavity

Here is a more precise description :

on the 1rst pic with the black, blue, red white and green stripes, 1 first painted colored stripes, set the 'pressure dependant menu' to 'less on blue' then painted some depth. On the white stripe, the model is displaced inward, and on the red, black and green stripes, the model is displaced outward.

On the 2nd pic, i simply actiavted the 'Less on cavity' and got a 'patterned stroke. Changing the cavity radius dosen't change anything.

I wasen't' able to reproduce the bug on the third pic.

post-476-1216447590_thumb.jpg

How do you enter the new serial? I may be doing something wrong. I just replaced the old one in the serial.txt and when loading it gave me a "not registered or hardware was changed" error. If I click the Register button it just takes me to a blank web page.

I don't see any difference with drawing curves. I still have to click and hold for a half a second or so, then move the mouse / pen. If I just click and drag it takes a second before the line appears so it doesn't start where I want it to. Here's is an example video:

http://screencast.com/t/J3cBIpyVc6U

• Advanced Member

Great new beta.

Here are some bugs I found:

If you save a file with a ref mesh and you load it, you loose the high ref details, it seems to only load the base mesh when you re open it.

Plus the topology done is not saved.

Still got the high density curve bug if you press ctrl and draw a stroke.

And the projection doesn't behave well on surface who are close together.

For example I got a character with arm a little bit lowered (not in perfect T pose) and at the armpit when I try to drag a point from the arm to the torso it doesn't works.

If I try to do that the vertex will snap to the back of the arm everytime I do it.

The drawing curve also got problem on these area, it becomes really jaggy.

Hello,

I have been unable to get the new beta to authorize. When I load in my old serial number and register it I am told that the 'trial period' is over and then relagated to the demo. I am posting this message here in the forum because I have been unable to successfully transmit an email to either 'support' email address. Attempts at contact with both support@3d-coat.com and support@3d-brush.com have been refused-emails have been returned with a note saying contact could not be made. I have tried repeatedly since yesterday and my email is in working order otherwise. Any help that could be provided would be much appreciated.

Peter

I don't know if this was a bug or my computer. I was just working on painting in an area when my screen went black. Finding this peculiar I waited and my mother board speaker beeped. I waited another minute or so and it beeped again, then after a second I saw the booting screen and apparently my computer had rebooted. Now my computer has been prone to crashing for a few months now, but I've always had a blue screen of death. I've never seen anything like this before.

I don't know if its any use, but 3d-coat automatically uses whatever is in the clipboard as a serial number.

rodney brett, are you using the demo (it should say its a demo version on the window title bar) - as that is what happened to me until I got a correct serial number, it could just be re-using your older invalid serial number which would automatically put 3d-coat into demo mode. Actually perhaps not as 3d-coat should say something left 'you have 14 days left of your trial version' in the 3d-view area.

I don't know if its any use, but 3d-coat automatically uses whatever is in the clipboard as a serial number.

rodney brett, are you using the demo (it should say its a demo version on the window title bar) - as that is what happened to me until I got a correct serial number, it could just be re-using your older invalid serial number which would automatically put 3d-coat into demo mode. Actually perhaps not as 3d-coat should say something 'you have 14 days left of your trial version' in the 3d-view area.

That's what I thought at first, but I am using the newest serial from Andrew and my app is not in "demo mode", nor do I see any trial expiration notices. I even tried a reinstall with the newest serial on clipboard, but same results. I am running WindowsXP x64 bit edition with 8GB of Ram if that helps.

Hello,

I have been unable to get the new beta to authorize. When I load in my old serial number and register it I am told that the 'trial period' is over and then relagated to the demo. I am posting this message here in the forum because I have been unable to successfully transmit an email to either 'support' email address. Attempts at contact with both support@3d-coat.com and support@3d-brush.com have been refused-emails have been returned with a note saying contact could not be made. I have tried repeatedly since yesterday and my email is in working order otherwise. Any help that could be provided would be much appreciated.

Peter

Please send a letter to AndrewShpagin@gmail.com (I must know e-mail to send new serial)

That's what I thought at first, but I am using the newest serial from Andrew and my app is not in "demo mode", nor do I see any trial expiration notices. I even tried a reinstall with the newest serial on clipboard, but same results. I am running WindowsXP x64 bit edition with 8GB of Ram if that helps.

Maybe I have idea - please try to change window size and see if grey items become normal. If it will help, I know how to fix it.

Does it works in the same way ig GL and DX mode? Please show the screensot.

Maybe I have idea - please try to change window size and see if grey items become normal. If it will help, I know how to fix it.

Does it works in the same way ig GL and DX mode? Please show the screensot.

Unfortunately, it does the same even when resize. GL and DX have the same bug. Here's a shot of both. I am also missing "Save as" and "Save". I also tried .fbx and .lwo but same issue. Something else that's strange, is that even if I open the default "head" and save the file, it won't let me re-open it. Also the same "greyed out" bug.

post-775-1216543183_thumb.jpg

post-775-1216543202_thumb.jpg

Some interesting developments with my issue:

I tried the beta on my laptop PC and I don't have that "greyed out" bug, so I don't know if it's something to do with Windows XP x64 bit or not.(my laptop is XP 32 bit) It's really strange because version 3.09 works perfectly on both machines. Could it be related to the app not recognizing file extensions? Every now and then, I run into a program that does this under the Windows x64 XP environment. Maybe this can be resolved by allowing 3dCoat to open any file type.

Some interesting developments with my issue:

I tried the beta on my laptop PC and I don't have that "greyed out" bug, so I don't know if it's something to do with Windows XP x64 bit or not.(my laptop is XP 32 bit) It's really strange because version 3.09 works perfectly on both machines. Could it be related to the app not recognizing file extensions? Every now and then, I run into a program that does this under the Windows x64 XP environment. Maybe this can be resolved by allowing 3dCoat to open any file type.

Now at least I understand the essence of problem. There was sooo many changes to make 3DC cross platform. I hope to xix this issue in next minor beta update.

Now at least I understand the essence of problem. There was sooo many changes to make 3DC cross platform. I hope to xix this issue in next minor beta update.

Ok, thank you. I will be able to fully test out the retopo features once I can import again. No rush. Make sure you get some sleep in between beta updates. :)

I have updated the link to BETA3B. Changes:

1) Much faster conditions/cavity painting

2) Much faster layers merging

3) Better stability, many bugfixes

4) Some LWO import bugs fixed

The link is there:

http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-10-BETA3.exe

The special link for Lottmedia (please check):

http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-10-...3-FASTINPUT.exe