3DCoat Forums

How To Learn What is in 3d Coat

Raybrite

I learned a new secret to learning what is in the program.

1. Download the 190 page manual that is in the help tab of the program.

2. It does not have a Table of Contents so print it out.

3. Take the time to make a Table of Contents.

When you ahve finished this task which will probably take a day or so if you go at my speed, you will have at least heard about every feature in the program and found a few that you didn't know where there.

You will also be able to use the manual if you print it out as it has page numbers.

I printed mine out and bound it with thread and now have a nice book to use.

Now I will learn faster.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Ken :)

• Like 2

• Reputable Contributor

I learned a new secret to learning what is in the program.

1. Download the 190 page manual that is in the help tab of the program.

2. It does not have a Table of Contents so print it out.

3. Take the time to make a Table of Contents.

When you ahve finished this task which will probably take a day or so if you go at my speed, you will have at least heard about every feature in the program and found a few that you didn't know where there.

You will also be able to use the manual if you print it out as it has page numbers.

I printed mine out and bound it with thread and now have a nice book to use.

Now I will learn faster.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Ken :)

The manual online has a table of Contents. The one that installs with the app does not, nor do the links at the bottom of the pages, work. It's pretty annoying when you want to find something specifically. I mentioned this on here some time ago, but nothing ever came of it.

Hi Ken!

I think you are going to be very happy with the new manual I'm working on at the moment. The table of contents are the forefront of the document, and are in fact dynamic, by making a table of contents for what is contained in each page. It is online only for said feature of course.

Anyway, looking forward to getting it finished up so you can use it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tony!

It is online only. The new manual includes videos, which can be pretty large of course. I'm still looking into some offline options, but videos wouldn't be included. But that may not happen due to the new nature of the manual. Offline manuals just don't have the same flexibility as online ones, in regards to distribution, embedded videos, one update from the editor and everyone gets the new info. Offline just doesn't have that. But either way, I'm still looking into it. It just wont be any time soon, if it does happen. I'll post it on the forum when/if it happens.