3DCoat Forums

Recommended way to upgrade 3DC version

arumiat

Go to solution Solved by digman,

• Advanced Member

So I'd like to update to the latest stable 3DC version from 4.1.04A. I can't find instructions for this. Is there a recommended approach?

Eg

1. Save options.xml

2. uninstall current 3DC

3. install new 3DC

4. add options .xml back?

Thanks in advance,

T

do backup of folder MyDocs/3D-CoatV4

For example, rename it MyDocs/3D-CoatV4 to MyDocs/3D-CoatV4_OLD, run beta, work there.

If you want to get back to 4.1.17D -  rename or copy MyDocs/3D-CoatV4_OLD to MyDocs/3D-CoatV4

If you want to copy, migration master could help

post-10142-0-24200200-1422062531_thumb.j

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

I think Carlosan that arumiat wants to upgrade just to 4.1.17D (last stable version posted at the 3DC official website). from his current version 4.1.04A.

Generally you can just install over the current version you have.

Of course you can uninstall the current 3DC plus remove it's folder under Documents and Settings, then install to get a complete clean copy plus you will have to re-register your copy of 3DC. Any settings/alphas/materials / hotkeys etc from your old version you have will be lost.

I have not used migration master yet so can not tell you how it functions in detail.

Edited by digman

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so here's an interesting problem... I want to do a clean install to go to v4.5 beta 12, and make sure none of my older stuff interferes. However when I open Windows7 add/remove programs, I get nada in the list. I know I have 4.1 and 4.5 beta 11 installed, and I had renamed my the 'my documents' directory for 4.1.x to "3D-CoatV4_Backup" prior to installing 4.5.

I'd like to try totally cleaning out *all* of the different places that may have stuff installed to them, to *really* start fresh. Is this listed anywhere that I'm missing?