12th Challenge: A scene from a classic fairy tale

12th Challenge - A scene from a classic fairy tal  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Challenge 12 Winner

• Benk
    • Blaster

Really nice work , well done.

• Like 2

Awesome! Good dynamics. That poor goose! :)

Let's stretch the deadline. Will moving it to Sunday give you enough time?

Maybe Hammers will join too?

• Like 1

Here is my final result.  I ran out of steam but in the end I got everything painted.  Hope you guys like. 

post-39822-0-23238300-1449455439_thumb.j

Edited by Blaster
  • Like 5

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE

Very happy you picked that angle too.

• Like 1

Ha ha, excellent. I like it very much! Good work!

---

Can mods gather up the contributions into a single post and create a poll, please?

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words everyone!  I bought the EDU license during the course of the challenge.  Looking forward to doing more challenges moving forward.  Could I suggest a future challenge involving vintage toys.  I think it would be fun to do an old rusty metal toy with some PBR materials.  

• Like 2

Great idea , i may participate again as well.

Hi guys!
I'm terribly sorry for having to keep you waiting, but I had a sh**load of work during the last days, so I could only briefly pop-in the forums from time to time in order to see what was going on.

To answer your question Carlos, only Blaster and Benk qualify for the final voting as the most important requirement of the challenge was to show some interaction between the two main characters. Which is a real pity, because I'm convinced that ChingChong's and Traumwelt's work, when finished, would look pretty damn awesome! Darn guys, I really hoped you would finish your scenes. :(

I like how completely different the work of the two finalists is. It's black and white versus colours. Dark and eerie mood versus cheerful and uplifting. Realistic versus stylized, etc... Excellent!

For me, the choice of the winner will be very hard as I equally like both contributions. And I like them so much, that I will probably need to throw a coin to decide where my vote would go. :)

• Like 2

Congrats Blaster !!

wins the privilege to be The Starter of the next Challenge !!

• Like 1

Congrats Blasteeeeerrrrrr , Benkkkkkkkk and everybody else who participated.

Lets hope i have time to get on the next one as well.

• Like 1

Congrats Blaster. Looking forward to seeing your start for the next challenge. Watch out for Michael as he is ready to take your badge!

bk

• Like 4

Provided Michael is willing to avoid sleeping at night he can add it to his other activities. :)

ahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahh (true) 

• Like 1

Wow thanks everyone for voting!  

Benk you did a great job and your entry was just as worthy of the win. Looking forward to the next challenge and seeing some more great work.   I wont be able to take part in the next challenge until after January 8th because I will traveling during the holidays.  Thanks again everyone!!

• Like 1

Provided Michael is willing to avoid sleeping at night he can add it to his other activities. :)

I'll send Michael some Espresso. :)
  • Like 1

lol any news on the new challenge ?

• Like 1

The old toy idea sounds fantastic - but as a 3D coat noob, may I add a suggestion.

A noob entry level, for example with the last competition it is a tad intimidating, so could we please have the main category and a sub category such as an item from the main contest (in the last contest, a noob entry could be a talking teapot from beauty and the beast) - just so that we noobs can get a small round of applause before going onto greater things.

If I could plant a modelling seed . . . .

Fallout 4 will launch G.E.C.K. mod tool this year sometime . . . two birds with one stone . . . .

• Like 1

Glad the toy idea is getting some traction.  Looking forward to figuring out some hard surface sculpting with 3d coat.  I've already seen some good examples of this in the gallery!

Any news from Blaster about a new challenge?

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1