3DCoat Forums

tablet settings?

gswartz

I am using an intuos pro and found that even with a depth setting well over 500, the smooth brush has almost no effect.  If I switch to a mouse it completely smooths the mesh.  I'm also running into similar differences in other brushes between mouse/stylus.  So, I went looking through the preferences to see if there was anything specific to the pen/tablet that I could tweak but couldn't find anything.  Am I missing it somewhere?  If not, is this normal for the smooth brush to not have much of an effect with the tablet?  Thanks.

• Like 1

• Contributor

In my case it works as expected , but truth is that some guys here had issues.

Solution and problem at the same time was the drivers.

You need to test a bit and find a stable drivers , then just stick with it.

• Contributor

I can understand your frustration.

Kindly wait a couple hours , users with same issues will provide a spot on solution.

I cant find the thread with the solution myself right now.

• Reputable Contributor

Many Tablet users have no problems with 3DC but with so many tablets, drivers etc, It is hard to pin down. If possible could you make a video showing the full 3DC interface being careful that we can read all your settings to help in your problem. Then of course show the problem with smoothing...

What version of 3DC, are you are using.

Sorry to hear about your Tablet / Pen problems.

Edited by digman

• Contributor

Now I remember me having some issues , back when i first started using 3D Coat , disabling the windows pen flick and pen service solved them all at once , never faced anything else.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

Yeah, I am sure it's more an issue with my setup... just not sure where to look.  The driver version I'm using is 6.3.15-3.  Anything newer and I can't even get the tablet to be recognized.  Here's a link to the video.  Sorry for the bad audio, but I just used the onboard mic on my laptop.  I expect that there would be some differences between the mouse and the tablet, but the difference between how they work with the shift key to smooth just seems to be a bit much.  As seen in the video, it works ok on the pinch brush although I swear it wasn't working that well last night.. but on the standard brush, not much luck.  Let me know if there's anything I should check.  Thanks.

Now I remember me having some issues , back when i first started using 3D Coat , disabling the windows pen flick and pen service solved them all at once , never faced anything else.

Thanks, but that's one of the first things I did when I was trying to get the tablet to even be recognized.

• Like 1

That's really annoying. Sorry you're having this issue. I have this happen with PS, ZB, C4D, Modo, 3DC... You name it. Heh. Have you gotten it to work yet?

Try making sure to start 3DC with your stylus, and also ALT+Tabbing out of 3DC and back. Seems weird that either would work, but sometimes it does. Especially the latter.

I know it's already been said, but worth reinforcing. Once you find a wacom driver that works for you, don't update or downgrade it. Stick with it. I've literally been using the same driver for as long as I can remember. Years at least. It's a real pain when they started updating so frequently, it started "breaking" things and making them unusable. Anyway, I hope it's working for you now.

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for the video... I really did not see anything wrong with your settings

6.3.11-4 are the drivers that I use for my Intous 3 but of course it might be not be good for the  Intuos Pro

I no problems so far with these drivers in 3DC.

Just a heads up on something I saw and heard in the video. These are not part of your problem but useful information

Your depth is locked though which might be by intent... Attached picture shows the tool tip about locking.

Your depth setting will not change how much or little smoothing takes place, It depends upon the smoothing % in the top tool bar. Your is set at 100%

Preferences ----Your padding for uv island bleed is set to 256 pixels... big time overkill...

Till you get a fix, you could change the input to mouse input only for smoothing. Click the brush icon next to the smoothing input... Of course that is just a workaround.

Also in the top bar is Shift and Ctrl settings for some extra smoothing power... Shown in attached image.

post-518-0-22337800-1454576784_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman