3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

I'd imagine andrew will lock down the feature set, some time and give it a short beta. With the amount of testing its getting i cant imagine the beta will be long. especially considering the current stability. The new UI will need testing aswell. (cant wait to see that)

I'd imagine andrew will lock down the feature set, some time and give it a short beta. With the amount of testing its getting i cant imagine the beta will be long. especially considering the current stability. The new UI will need testing aswell. (cant wait to see that)

I'm looking forward to a new UI. Although I'm used to the interface now, many of my friends are turned off to the program because of how "Windows" it looks. Some things are a bit scattered as well.

• Advanced Member
The appearance of the UI doesn't really bother me, but it does have a few bugs that really do. I do hear a few people saying it looks like a toy, so I'm sure a fresh clean interface would do nothing but good.

I think the number of functions that are not immediately obvious is the worst thing about the UI right, there are so many feature request posts that end in "yeah it does that already, look here".

• Advanced Member
many of my friends are turned off to the program because of how "Windows" it looks.

no offence intended but that's pretty foolish, the look of the ui is a bit "toy-esque" but it serves its purpose and dosnt go re inventing the wheel and making it turn backwards like some apps out there

• Advanced Member

Yeah I would like to see the updated UI as well because this current one feels more like it was made for Windows 98 - sorry but the interface is the one thing about this program that turns me away a little bit. When I look at it without having used 3dcoat before I thought it wasn't a very powerful program. In other words looks can be deceiving. It's not too bad though once you get into it.

• Advanced Member

ever seen any of those 'house hunting' TV shows?...people say things like "I hate the drapes" or "I really

don't care for the paint color in all of the rooms". And to a large degree they let that influence how they 'feel'

about the house (even tho all that stuff it easy to change and pretty insignificant compared to "there's no

garage"--which would be somewhat like saying there's no retopology in Mudbox).

point being, it's kinda silly to pre-judge 3dcoat by it's 'look', but people make these kinds of choices all the

time...