3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
preecher

Renderman support???

renderman has not been fixed for a few builds now.  i'm just wondering if you are no longer supporting it?  I don't wish to waste my time with it if it is not being supported going forward.

thank you

6 hours ago, Bungeecow said:

I hope this is not true, I just bought 3dCoat because of the Renderman function!!

Tell Andrew that, so he can get it started up again (support@3dcoat.com). I think one reason why it may have stopped is because the developer who implemented the Renderman support, has been busy creating a brand new GPU Path Tracing render engine in 3DCoat, slated for 3DCoat 2020 (probably late this Spring or Summer). Renderman support is quite limited in it's usefulness in this current implementation, because there is no interactivity, shadow-catching material, etc.  

On 3/27/2020 at 7:04 PM, AbnRanger said:

...creating a brand new GPU Path Tracing render engine in 3DCoat, slated for 3DCoat 2020...

Now that is interesting ...

AdoredTV says Path Tracing is the way of the future. 

wow thanks for the info.  I really like having a renderer that is functioning in 3dcoat.  I wasn't aware they where working on a new dedicated one.  thanks again.  I really love the software.

14 hours ago, welcomerobots said:

For what it is worth, it doesn't work with 3DCoat build 4.9.37 Dx nor Gl.

Or something I do wrong, because 3d Coat freezes if I change to RenderMan and click on RenderPreview.

I should have clarified. 4.9.05 was the last build before they did a TON of refactoring work, which has subsequently caused a lot of issues. It also included some changes in the Render room, and Renderman support has apparently taken a back seat to work done on the new render engine that should be part of 3DCoat 2020, when released. Feel free to contact support and ask about Renderman support being re-established. It does have it's benefits, even if it is quite limited.

My point was that if someone wants to use Renderman, now, try using build 4.9.05, in the mean time.