3DCoat Forums

Video Tutorial: 3D-Coat to Maya

• Reputable Contributor

Nice exploding satellite, by the way...hope it was Russian or Chinese. :pardon:

Thanks for the tutorial, Dwayne. Looking forward to your future material...whether it be delivered on VTC, or in your Illustration book. I'll try to do my part to help put the word out, when it's "Curtains Up."

Don

• Contributor
Nice exploding satellite, by the way...hope it was Russian or Chinese. :pardon:

Thanks for the tutorial, Dwayne. Looking forward to your future material...whether it be delivered on VTC, or in your Illustration book. I'll try to do my part to help put the word out, when it's "Curtains Up."

Don

Dude, your playing the nationalist card on an international forum. In Dante's Inferno, there was a place for stirring up strife, pardon not withstanding. :rolleyes:

• Advanced Member

I dont use maya but nevertheless it was a well made video. Great job!

How do you keep your voice so crisp though. I use lame mp3 encoder for sound with 44khz 16bit mono (128kb/s) but my voice is always a bit raspy. I use the mike from a headset (good brand; altec lansing). Any tips much appreciated. (unless i cant be saved and just have a shitty voice lol) ;)

3dioot

• Reputable Contributor
Dude, your playing the nationalist card on an international forum. In Dante's Inferno, there was a place for stirring up strife, pardon not withstanding. :rolleyes:
Ok...how about... "Hope that satellite was Romulan (Star Trek)....or a Federation model (from Firefly series)."

There...is that better? :P

I don't use maya either, but if I did I would want this video. Very organized and you have a nice clear "radio voice" for this kind of thing.

@3Dioot try getting a pop filter. They're pretty cheap, or for the same effect try stretching some pantyhose over a wire loop and place it between you and the mic. Granted that's a little hard if the mic's on your head.

I don't use maya either, but if I did I would want this video. Very organized and you have a nice clear "radio voice" for this kind of thing.

@3Dioot try getting a pop filter. They're pretty cheap, or for the same effect try stretching some pantyhose over a wire loop and place it between you and the mic. Granted that's a little hard if the mic's on your head.

Thanks guys. I get that radio sound by using an AKG mic. Here's a link to it:

http://www.avgiant.com/AKG-Recording-Broad...mp;category=510

Thanks for showing me your gear wolf. Thats some serious stuff! No wonder my little altec microphone cant match that. ;)

3dioot

Another mic you might want to consider is from Shure. I used to use the Shure Beta mic with M-Audio usb interface. This one is very nice quality but a lot easier on the ol'd wallet:

http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/Products/Wir...Beta87A_content

• Advanced Member

Thanks for looking that up for me Wolf. But to be honest thats still too much money for something i do just for fun. I wouldnt mind spending something in the range of 50-100 if people really dig my vids and i keep liking to create them but a couple of hundreds are unlikely to be leaving my wallet for a microphone soon. ;)

Are you making a living of your video's that you have this "serious" kit for it?

3dioot

PS

After typing this i realised that i had experimented with recording my own speech for lip synching a long time ago. I bought a specific mike for it back then which was good for recording speech (not in the price class you suggested though). But i never used it for these kind of movies since it was a handheld. While i went shopping this afternoon i remembered a music store and decided to take a quick peek inside to see if they had something that could help me. The only thing they had was something i had to place on top of my desk right in front of me which ofcourse wouldnt work with my tablet. Then he remembered he had a showmodel of a mike stand. After some bargaining i now have a professional mike stand for a mere 27 euro's! I can just place it to the side of my desk with nothing but the mike hovering in front of my face. Already did some tests with it and the sound is a million times better with my "old" mike on the stand. Thanks for inspiring me with your great quality movie and the showing of your gear. (now to think of a topic for my third movie, haha)