3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Problem with Retopology

Go to solution Solved by Glitch Gremlin,

Hey, so of course im still very new to Retopology and the like.. but ive encountered a problem. when im doing Retopo, ill move Verts around and sometimes they "Snap" to the other side of my model im working on. say im doing a face and im working on the nose, the verts will snap and Wield to the back of the head. what can i do to fix this? do i just have some setting turned off or on by accident? ive googled this a few times and i cant really find an answer that works. i have my setting as "Snap to Nearest" ive tried it and snap to surface and neither seem to work? 

Man.. i was hoping this would be an easy fix lol... it sucks ive ran into two really bad problems the last few days using 3D Coat, i mean it doesn't make me not wanna use it anymore of course, but i wish i could figure out what im doing wrong.. ive googled it so many times and nothing comes up.. 

On 5/13/2023 at 3:43 AM, Oleg_Shapo said:

image.png

sometimes it happens if this is enabled

Yes, ive tried Auto Snap. you don't need to be condescending about it, its not like i enjoy asking questions here, its more of a last resort when ive tried to figure it out on my own for a few hours, googled and read through forum posts/searched the forums here and come up with nothing.  

• Solution
On 5/12/2023 at 10:37 AM, Elemeno said:

youve not really helped , you havent posted any examples(pictures or videos) you havent posted your file so we can try to replicate ...

give us abit more information so we can try and then maybe help

I will record a video in a bit and show the problem, ive just learned how to use OBS so it didn't occur to me to do that, but yeah, i will try to get that done and posted here soon. thank you for the advice.. i honestly don't know why i didn't think to do it sooner

EDIT: Ok so i Googled the same problem but for Blender, which has a LOT more Tutorials for it because i mean, its Free. so of course it's gonna have Billions of Users, right? so i figured maybe it would be an issue that would be cross platform, since 3D Coat, Blender, 3DS Max/Maya, they all use Similar Poly Modeling "To an Extent i mean" right? 

Come to find out my Cursor was too big. the Yellow Circle Pointer was too big, so when i was moving the Verts around they were trying to Snap to the other side of the Model. least that's what it seems like the issue is to me, and that's what another user on Blender was told the problem was. i turned the radius WAY down and seemingly the problem is fixed, so i just wanted to post it here in case that is indeed the fix and if anyone else has this problem they can find it too.

thank you for the help as always, though. 

Edited by Glitch Gremlin
  • Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Problem with Retopology