3DCoat Forums

3dioot's ideas thread

• Contributor
I get the impression that we have unrealistic expectations when it comes to voxel brushes. We all want them to work just like zbrush/mudbox polygon sculpting brushes and they just dont work quite the same way. I dont think the 3d coat developers are ignoring these brush requests I just think they are pioneering completely new territory here and we are taking that for granted expecting what might actually be completely impossible. I think that over time new methods will be invented to work voxels the way we would like but for now the toolset we have is pretty impressive.

I completely agree.

I really want to ask Andrew a question,is 3dioot's ideas about resolutionless sculpting techinically possible? It seems he is so serious,he has clearly thought long and hard to come up with his ideas .

Even after very careful reading I have no idea about technical implementations of this...

And - as was noted above - I read but not always answer because sometimes it is too difficult to describe how difficult to do something.

If is am finding something that has big coefficient

Usefulness + CorrespondenceToCurrentFlow
K = -----------------------------------------
   				 Complexity

I am trying to implement this first.

3dioot, well you really should look in a mirror once and try to talk with yourself, I think you would realize that you cannot do it. Besides not seeing actually yourself, but just sky with your nose so high up, you would realize there's a horrible guy on the other side of the mirror who actually thinks that he is more clever than you and therefore actually doesn't listen to what you say......it's quite simple, many fairy tales are about that :)

• Contributor
3dioot, well you really should look in a mirror once and try to talk with yourself, I think you would realize that you cannot do it. Besides not seeing actually yourself, but just sky with your nose so high up, you would realize there's a horrible guy on the other side of the mirror who actually thinks that he is more clever than you and therefore actually doesn't listen to what you say......it's quite simple, many fairy tales are about that :)

Let's avoid flame wars. The tone in this forum has remained civil and we would do well to contnue with that.