3DCoat Forums

Whenever I pull a sculpt model in from the sculpt model panel I am unable to use The move tool. Is receiving an error that " You are attempting to paint over an invisible layer.."  It is not on an invisible layer. This has been double and triple checked.

Other tools work. Only the move tool, Which I use (used) often.

I'm running the latest stable version on windows.

Open the layer panel on Windows>Panels to look if it is locked.

The Layers Panel changes depending on which Room you are working in.
A layer is not per object base but is a kind of scene layer.

Voxel volumes and Surface models support Layers.
Voxels for voxel paint and surface for vertex paint.

In Sculpt room, instead of color information, it has deformation information per layer. So, for example, one layer could be for large sculpting deformations, and then another could be for fine details, etc.

To bake the sculpt-layer deformation, resampling the mesh should achieve that.

Thanks for the quick follow-up.

I tested everything you suggested. The layer is not locked. Any mesh Mesh that I load into the sculpt room displays the same behavior. No existing mesh in the room can be manipulated with the move tool. All other tools seem to work fine. Resampling the mesh makes no difference to the behavior.

Any of the layers. I discovered it while trying to use the move tool on the BELT Layer. 

To be clear I am not talking about moving the object around in the scene. I'm talking about using the move tool from the transform panel to manipulate the voxels. 

So, I can't manipulate anything in that scene with the move tool. If I start a new scene and bring that object in I have no problem manipulating it with the move tool.

Is there a global toggle or check box or something I could have hit a hot key for not knowing it and disabled my ability to use that tool in that scene?

Not related, I just tried to respond to this on my phone. There is no login option for the forum when viewing on an Android phone. You're required to do a captcha authentication, and then even after you pass it, it says your email is in use by another user, which would be me. I can't log in so I can't verify that. Somebody might want to look at that.

There isnt any global toggle, the scene looks corrupted for some reason in your computer.

For login issues contact web support at web@pilgway.com