3DCoat Forums

Alien Soldier :

Ratchet

Work in Progress !

I don't plan to g oto extreme detail, just a model with minimum amount of details.

aliensoldier.th.jpg

Good start. Try always create seperate objects seperate. Means: Shoes don't glues on Legs... Sculpt them seperate. The same for all other single parts. It is easier later.

• Applink Developer

Very nice start. Like Taros already said breaking your model into parts will speed up your sculpting. It also give some freedom to try diffrent things. If you are not happy to arms you can

hide them and try another version and which back if you are not happy. I think that you have a good overall shape. Now it is time to add some detail. For me detailing is one of the hardest task in sculpting. I have workflow that I try to detail one part first eye for example and then I move to next part which is next to first one. This takes time but it gives nice results in the end. What ever is your way to do it is up to you, but I would like to see some more.

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the advice on separate parts :)

Wel l, caus we use voxel, yeah, iw will be able t oglue them together at final for retopology and baking.

In fact i target a model for a Unity 3D engine, i want speed rendering , so i'll use one mesh only , or perhaps some separates ones attached by code in real time

like boots or the turtle armor !

For detailling , i won't go very deep, caus it asks lot of work , and for 3D engine speed the resolution textures i target won't exceed 1024*1024,

even with that resolution , you can make great looking models.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Okay,

I 've discovered lot more features of 3D coat, and used the voxel tree top crteate independant objects to avoid the glued effect :)

It's perhaps, too much smoothed caus i used Voxel resolution increase in the last steps of modeling (something to do only when you hav all basic objects and shapes done; not at the end)

Redone totally the new alien soldier, not insane details just the minimal :)

I plan to make some more models for an action RGP game.

character1.th.jpg

Okay,

I 've discovered lot more features of 3D coat, and used the voxel tree top crteate independant objects to avoid the glued effect :)

It's perhaps, too much smoothed caus i used Voxel resolution increase in the last steps of modeling (something to do only when you hav all basic objects and shapes done; not at the end)

Redone totally the new alien soldier, not insane details just the minimal :)

I plan to make some more models for an action RGP game.

character1.th.jpg

Hey I love that guy, he looks really cool! Keep it up.