3DCoat Forums

Topogun released.. finally!

ghib

• Advanced Member

Just read on Wayne Robson's Mudbox Hub that Topogun has finally been released and there's a demo.. Not tried it for a long time since early betas. Might be worth a look.

I quite like the fact that you have a quick preview function that allows you to have a look at your work in progress with the projected data from the highres mesh. Is a simple toggle on and off.

This would be really nice to see in 3DC.

Wow $100 compare do what you get in 3DC.

Don't underrate topogun, I've heard it must be incredible fast at working with lot of polys. But you are right, if you say it to 3DC owners, they don't really need topogun.

• Advanced Member

Heheh yep I turned my back on Topogun back when it was in the middle of beta (coincidentally at the same time I discovered 3dCoat :))

It's progress was just too slow and Andrew did a much better job of implementing retop tools. The killing blow for me was the ability to move spline points around after they'd been laid down (and points & faces)

I think it would still be worth giving the demo a go. Always a good idea to keep an eye on the competition.