3DCoat Forums

FxGuide: In Depth Interview about Ptex

AbnRanger

• Contributor

Yeah...it's mentioned right around the 21:30 (minutes) mark...and what's interesting is that he said they were and have been in contact with different vendors about using it (for whatever reason). I wonder if they can help Andrew on the Ptex format for Renderman side of things? Andrew has asked for some help testing his work in Renderman...if they could point him in the right direction, it could help immensely. BTW...can someone volunteer to do a Baking Ptex (that can later be UV'ed) video tutorial, for everyone here? I for one would like to see how it's done...in action, so that I don't miss an important step somewhere in the process.

An excellent proposal! I made a stab (I will try again) at following HaiKalle's directions (before the later tweaks) and bombed. One problem I have trouble with is how many objects I'm dealing with? One in each 'room' I view what I am working on? Why must I delete some but not others? "Why" is usually the question that gets less attention. A step by step video would really help. :pardon: