3DCoat Forums

shaders

moska

• Advanced Member

hi

i was playing a bit with shader tab today.

i notice there are several types of shaders and from each you can constuct new ones loading diferent textures and playing with the settings.

it comes to me that it would be nice to categorize the main types( like in unity3d for instance) then it will be easier to pick a base shader with the amout of settings pretended.

i mean picking each of the shaders and trying to construct a new one from that is a good way to learn what is possible to get depending on the settings available,as they are a very good base for texturing.

im talking as an artist as i have not the knowledge to understand much on shaders.anyway i supose it works with a cubemap projection like the filltool and the gradient will be a kind of mask for the edges.am i right?

anyway i clicked refresh preview and now all shaders on my tab are very white/bright.so how could i get them back to their normal preview?is this dependent on lights intensity?i still can use them and light the scene but i try to keep things default whenever i can till i know what i am doing or what i want them to be.

im very comited to understand this wonderfull programpost-2406-12757816089819_thumb.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

hi

i was playing a bit with shader tab today.

i notice there are several types of shaders and from each you can constuct new ones loading diferent textures and playing with the settings.

it comes to me that it would be nice to categorize the main types( like in unity3d for instance) then it will be easier to pick a base shader with the amout of settings pretended.

i mean picking each of the shaders and trying to construct a new one from that is a good way to learn what is possible to get depending on the settings available,as they are a very good base for texturing.

im talking as an artist as i have not the knowledge to understand much on shaders.anyway i supose it works with a cubemap projection like the filltool and the gradient will be a kind of mask for the edges.am i right?

anyway i clicked refresh preview and now all shaders on my tab are very white/bright.so how could i get them back to their normal preview?is this dependent on lights intensity?i still can use them and light the scene but i try to keep things default whenever i can till i know what i am doing or what i want them to be.

im very comited to understand this wonderfull programpost-2406-12757816089819_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the new shaders you customize are extremely bright and don't seem to match the look of the actual shaders. I think there needs to be a default "XRay" shader that is simply a default gray with transparency adjustment in the shader setting. That way every user gets it and can see from the thumbnail that it is for that very purpose (semi-transparent for see through ability).

By the way, can someone please explain what is in the "Extension Pack" that was supposedly added months ago. I try to use it every once in a while, but I never have any luck accessing it. I downloaded and installed it, and try to access it from the file menu, but it's like there is nothing there.

By the way, can someone please explain what is in the "Extension Pack" that was supposedly added months ago. I try to use it every once in a while, but I never have any luck accessing it. I downloaded and installed it, and try to access it from the file menu, but it's like there is nothing there.

Try clicking the little triangle for the Masks, Materials, & Pens.

2010-06-06_2238.png

And see the new folders listed (some of these are mine)

2010-06-06_2236.png

Where can I download the "Extension Pack"?

forguive my insistence:

i just clicked refresh all previews

and it turns very bright

is related to light intensity?

how do it reverts to default?

Reinstall. I had the same problem after changing one shader, and didn't know how to restore them.

Seems to be a problem (bug?).