3DCoat Forums

I'm in!!!

• Advanced Member

Well today I took the plunge into 3D Coat and purchased the software. I truly feel this product is outstanding and still has a tremendous future ahead. Having only dabbled in the voxel sculpting, I can't wait until I get into the great painting capabilities of the product. I'm looking at all of the tutorials I can and now that I understand some of the terminology, I'm RTFM, and some of it is starting to make sense. I'll still have a lot of dumb questions, so bear with me for awhile.

• Reputable Contributor

Well today I took the plunge into 3D Coat and purchased the software. I truly feel this product is outstanding and still has a tremendous future ahead. Having only dabbled in the voxel sculpting, I can't wait until I get into the great painting capabilities of the product. I'm looking at all of the tutorials I can and now that I understand some of the terminology, I'm RTFM, and some of it is starting to make sense. I'll still have a lot of dumb questions, so bear with me for awhile.

:good: Welcome...Looking back, 3DC has, since v3 first came out, had very good painting tools...which is why I bought it. To replace Deep Paint 3D, which is essentially a dead product. They don't even have a version for Vista or Win 7 the last time I checked. However, Voxel Sculpting has had it's share of issues, that I felt held it back from joining the ranks of Mudbox and ZBrush. Until now.

However, you're getting in at a good time. 3.3.07 was a bombshell release in my personal opinion. I can't believe how fast Andrew rebuilt the engine...I have never seen software developed at that pace, anywhere. Andrew sees something cutting edge and he just grabs the bull by the horns, so to speak.

I believe the painting tools were already very good before 3.0. I used 2.x on a number of jobs. It worked well and my clients were happy with the results.

Welcome. I hope you enjoy it and feel free to ask if you get stuck on something.

• Advanced Member

That Beagle is much better looking than I am.

Usually I put my 3D aside for the summer, but this year I just can't stop playing with 3D Coat.

Hey Denis! Glad to have you on board!

I'm sure you'll find the painting tools to be quite good. Voxels are more amazing over the last few builds. The speed increases have gotten better. New auto-quadrangulation is in the works... And, things are looking pretty good for the future. :)

Once Andrew re-works the brush engine (which, I understand is likely after this new Auto quadrangulation), we should be high speed low drag. :brush: