3DCoat Forums

P-Active 19" LCD Pen Tablet Awesome, Cheap!

I love me new P-Active LCD Pen Tablet that is 19" in size, on top of being awesome to draw graphics on the screen with, it has VGA,SVGA, DVI, etc.. inputs and outputs right on the side of it, for the use of an external monitor or projector as well. I features 1024 Levels of pressure sensitivity... and the best thing is, it comes with very good drivers and software that will work on everything from Win 7, both 32 & 64bits, and vista and xp, and comes with Pixia a pretty good 2D art program, that is tablet supported.. I may sound like an exec for them or something, but my graphical life has changed with the purchase of this. ... heheh and the fact that it is $2200 less than the wacom cintiq which is their similar product, isn't bad either. At a price tag of only $800 on Amazon, you can't beat it, I thought I had to tell everyone of my 3D Artist buddies about it..

Just do a search on Amazon after you check out the features on that site, then go to amazon and do a search for P-Active LCD Tablet and you'll find it, I hope the guy selling them for $800 is still on there, it is a most awesome deal..

here is the Amazon Dealer, I went ahead and searched on the terms P-Active and Tablet, and it pulled up this, the $825 pricetag can't be beat, as far as I have seen anyways.. The only closest other priced one I have seen is for only a 12" monitor and the price is about the same for a 12" one, of lower quality.. the buttons are not mechanical but touch buttons, so there is nothing to wear out, or go bad... Also the screen is flatscreen with no bezel to take part of the screen space away, which is something else I like, as when it says 19", it means you get the whole 19" for the drawing tablet / monitor space..

Enjoy, you can thank me later..

Ciao' 4 Now,

StOrM3

Yea, dude, I need to take some pix of my using it with 3d coat, so you guys can see how kewl it works with 3d coat, and other modeling apps.. like fragmotion3D.. and no, I'm not an exec, sorry, for sounding like that, but I just love it, and I have been looking for something this good for a long time, so I am excited about it.. ;') Especially when it comes to painting directly onto my 3d models for my games, using 3d coat and the monitor is the MOST awesome combination...

I only hope that a few others on here, decide to snag it, and give it a check.. Now, if you email the guy for the tracking number, and he doesn't respond for a few days, it is cuz he is out of town, I had this happen to me, it was frustrating, but come to find out he was only out of town, and once he returned, the service was prompt and very quick, and the packaging was perfect, no damage and arrived in a timely manner once he got my order and shipped it. Hope this helps some others out there out..

Ciao' 4 now..

Ken aka StOrM3

It's ok to really like something and talk about it. :)

I checked it out on Amazon, and it looks pretty cool! I hope I can test one out some time soon. Maybe at Siggraph if someone brings theirs? :p

Thanks for sharing this!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1239721093557

Here is a facebook video I did really fast showing me using the monitor and 3d coat editing a simple monkey bars model, I'm working on for a prefab pack for 3d game studio a8 that is getting ready to come out soon. The audio is low, and the lighting is kind of dark, sorry but that is how my room stays most of the time, while I am working, as I can't stand the heat and bright lights do to my disability and my pain medicines I have to take.

I hope it at least shows you the size of the monitor and how ez it is to use with 3d coat and the pen on the screen. I messed up some textures a bit, I have another one I did where I textured a lounger with leather and buttons mask, but I messed up and it ran a bit long so I didn't up it yet. I will try to do another video of better quality, and more talking and explaining to help show people how to use 3d coat, and a pen tablet monitor to do various things, and I'll upload those videos to youtube instead of facebook.. Anyways, enjoy, maybe this will help make up your minds if your thinking about getting one.

Ciao' 4 now,

StOrM3

PS. I set this video to friends only, so if you can't see it by copying the link and opening it in another tab / window, if you are on facebook, apply to be added as a friend and I'll add you.. I had to do that, to stop others from seeing the video like my ex.. Ciao 4 now..

It is NOT a tablet computer, it is just a LCD Pen Tablet 19" Monitor, Meaning it will work on any computer you connect it to, from a PC like me, to a MAC also.. There are drivers for both.. And the monitor runs in a nice high resolution, and has 1024 levels of sensitivity and has plenty of connectors for external monitors or projectors, so it should be all you need, as long as you have a good computer you are currently running 3d coat on, it will work like a charm, since it can either connect via vga svga or dvi connectors, and same for external monitor connections.. and it connects also to the usb port for operation of the pen ability I'm assuming..

I'm sure you'll like it, if you've been looking for something like this, I've tried alot of different tablet solutions, from a wacom normal tablet like the bamboo, to actual tablet computers, like I have the acer travelmate C300 it works ok, just a little on the low side of specs, to the point that the video will not let you run advanced 3d paint apps like 3d coat, no shader available on acer travelmate.. I had one other lower spec tablet computer, so thus far, this is by far, the BEST solution I have found, and for the money, you can't beat it.. Compare to cintiq at $3200 for cintiq, and $825.00 for this P-Active.. and the screen size difference is less than an inch given the sizes are given in diags, so a 20 or 21 is really like 1/2" bigger than 19", and given the cintiq has screen real estate taken up by controls, and the P-Active doesn't, I think the P-Active screen looks bigger, meaning area that you actually can draw on and use..

I hope this helps you understand a little bit more..

Ciao 4 now.

Ken aka StOrM3

PS. BTW: if you want to see it in action, there is a guy that posted a video on Amazon, in the feedback, as well as I posted a video on my facebook account, the url is listed above, so you can see it being used, with 3d coat..

well the batteries seem to last like forever.. and it only takes one, little aaa... I have had that one battery in there for a while now, and been using this thing every single day for a while now, and it still never misses a beat, which surprises me as well, since I have another tablet that takes batteries, and the stylus on it, is much thicker, and didn't seem to last as long.. This one is slim fitting and works / lasts a long time..

Phil, I'd let ya have a look but don't know where ya are..