3DCoat Forums

3DCoat Linux crashing on selecting external editor

• Reputable Contributor

3DCoat version 3.5.05 running Linux (ubuntu 10.04 with all upgrades) 64bit non-cuda

When I mouse click on the "dialog" bar to change the external editor from the default photoshop.exe under the preferences menu 3DCoat crashes generating no bug report.

I deleted options xml and tried it again but still crashes the same way...

• Advanced Member

Finally someone else that's bothered by this, I reported this two months ago... It also happens in the path selection box of Help-->Migration Master. As a workaround you can edit your options.xml and enter the path directly eg.

<EditorPath>/usr/bin/gimp</EditorPath>

• Reputable Contributor

Finally someone else that's bothered by this, I reported this two months ago... It also happens in the path selection box of Help-->Migration Master. As a workaround you can edit your options.xml and enter the path directly eg.

<EditorPath>/usr/bin/gimp</EditorPath>

Thanks that worked. Hopefully the bug will get squashed soon...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I tried to reproduce the problem, but no luck – in Linux Ubuntu 9.04 and CentOS 5.5 the dialog worked without crash. But during testing another issue had been fixed. If external editor had point in its name then 3D-Coat couldn’t run it. Now it can.

I see that both of you are using Linux Ubuntu 10.04. Maybe it is something specific to this version of Linux. So I’ll try to install it.