3DCoat Forums

I have released 2.05. It is really big piece of work. So, the list of changes:

General changes:

1) Adaptive geometry: now geometry will be additionaly automatically subdivided during edit process in dependence of details to get well displaced surface. It is very new and algoritmically very complex feature.

adaptive-demo.jpg

2) You can import big meshes now, up to 700 K. Many optimisatons was done to make it possible.

3) You can alter level of initial subdivision during mesh import. Now you can specify mid-poly mesh resolution.

4) new measure tool, you can measure distance in most common units - meters, inches, yards, miles, etc. Also the coordinate of picked point is printed in the right bottom corner.

5) New method of custom material mapping in custom fill pattern - mapping over existing uv-set. It allows to paing clothes in more easy way.

6) Masks are implemented. The mask is modulator for pen depth and transparency. The mask and materials could be moved and rotated independently using new navigation controls.

MaskMtl.jpg

7) Masks and materials could be rotated discretely on 45 degrees using SHIFT.

8) Many stability improvements.

9) New interface style. Interface looks now more clear and sharp.

10) jpg export is correct now.

Curves changes:

11) Some curve points could be marked as sharp. So you can make square forms in easy way.

Sharp_edge_on_curve.jpg

12) Whole curve could be moved/scaled/rotated using new navigation controls.

13) Curve can be closed.

New_in_curves.jpg

13) You can draw arrows in easy way.

ManyArrows.jpg

14) New curve drawing mode - spacing mode. Points will be set along curve with some spacing and jittering. It allows to make new effects with cirves.

Spacing_for_curve.jpg

15) Curves will be drawn correctly, even if knot points are far from each other and surface between them is curved much.

Curve_big_dist.png

Layers changes:

16) Layers masking (linking) is implemented. One layer can mask another layer in non-destructive way.

Masking_demo.jpg

17) You can freeze the transparent or painted area of the layer. In this way you can use layer's transparency to paint selectively on another layers. It is like CTRL+click on layer in Photoshop. You can use CTRL+click on layer in 3DB now.

CtrlClick.jpg

Welcome to downloads section

http://www.3d-brush.com/trial.html

Andrew;

You are doing such a good job that I hate to nag. I did not give a very good explanation of what I would have liked when I ask for English (US) measurement standards. What I really wanted was like Lightwave's options, where I could select the type of measurement standards I wish to use as the program's default standards, either English (US) Feet, inches, etc. or Metric. That would allow anything I build in 3D Brush to match my exported work to Lightwave. No real big deal, just a matter of convenience. Thanks

Guest Lottmedia

I was having problems like this too, but andrew fixed me up. Th purchasing and downloading sites are different, just regester with the downloading site and you're fine :)

Casey

• Contributor
what do you mean the ok? just had to look for it based on the past files.

its still the demo version, not a pirate. all the other files were provided from there. :angry:

P.S you're welcome. ;)

You were directing us to the Beta (which most of us would have had) not the final .5 version which is now listed!

Still as attaced for me still!

Excuse for some inconvenience!

You should press "Register now" and register and then you will be able to download. The purchasing and registering are different things. But I see that you have tired because of this procedure. Really there is some misunderstood because if you have purchased 3DB you suppose that you have already registered. But registration requires a password, but purchasing - no. So registration and purchasing are different. So may be it is better to give you a direct link:

http://3d-brush.com/files/3d-brush-2-05-en.exe

xrok1 has given really correct link.

Yes, I can't login either and when I submit my email address for "Forgot my password", it says it cannot find my account.

I have found your registration. You used the same email as in forum registration. I checked and it work properly. Please try it again and tell me about result.

Still as attaced for me still!

As Andrew say it is new registration just to download the program. So if you have already register on forum or purchased 3db you have to register on Registration page: http://www.3d-brush.com/register_form.php

If you have already register there, please write me some info from your registration so I can find and check it. Please tell me what did you write in field Your firstname* or Your lastname*.

Sorry for inconvenience.

• Contributor
As Andrew say it is new registration just to download the program. So if you have already register on forum or purchased 3db you have to register on Registration page: http://www.3d-brush.com/register_form.php

If you have already register there, please write me some info from your registration so I can find and check it. Please tell me what did you write in field Your firstname* or Your lastname*.

Sorry for inconvenience.

I still really dont know what you are meaning. It all is a very odd way of doing thingas.

That (administrator) download you last gave did install as 2.05

The download that xrog1 gave loaded as 2.05Beta3

I presume I do not have to take any other action---go through any further registration proceedures or whatever..

I still really dont know what you are meaning. It all is a very odd way of doing thingas.

That (administrator) download you last gave did install as 2.05

The download that xrog1 gave loaded as 2.05Beta3

I presume I do not have to take any other action---go through any further registration proceedures or whatever..

So, now all is done and well? Have you downloaded and installed it?

• Advanced Member

Thanks Andrew, what a great update. I like new curves, also freeze layers on CTRL+click like in photoshop is very good feature. I believe Photoshop-like tools\features\shortcuts is a great way to get your software better, many (if not all) of us know photoshop and is pure joy to be able to use photoshop-like tools in such a great way in 3D.

Also, IMHO your additions and improvements to spline\curve tools is a good things to add now, because is very unique tools for 3db, making them better will make whole program more special and unique.

Thanks Andrew, what a great update. I like new curves, also freeze layers on CTRL+click like in photoshop is very good feature. I believe Photoshop-like tools\features\shortcuts is a great way to get your software better, many (if not all) of us know photoshop and is pure joy to be able to use photoshop-like tools in such a great way in 3D.

Also, IMHO your additions and improvements to spline\curve tools is a good things to add now, because is very unique tools for 3db, making them better will make whole program more special and unique.

Yeah, Photoshop has a good set of commands... I hope non-destructive curves layers, text layers and layer effects are not so far from realisation.

• Like 1