3DCoat Forums

3D-COAT 2.07 released!

At first I should tell that 3D-Bush has got new name - 3D-Coat. It is because 3D-Brush is too close to ZBrush, so there is big problem with trademark registering. Coat means "to cover something with a layer of a particular substance" so it well correspods to what 3D-Brush makes. The short name is 3DC.

I glad to tell you that 3D-Coat 2.07 is released! Welcome to the new site www.3d-coat.com !

Of cause all users who have purchased 3D-Brush will get 3D-Coat without any additional payment and without serial number change.

The default installation folder is changed, so if you want to inherit old pens, materials and settings you can install it overwrite the previous version of 3D-Brush.

3D-Coat 2.07 is a very big piece of work. So, the list of changes:

1) Now 3DC can use up to 4 GB of virtual memoty on 64-bit Windows an up to 3GB on 32-bit Windows (if option /3gb is included in boot.ini). It allows you to increase detalisation of the object up to 20 millions of polygons.

2) 3DC wat optimised much, now it works much faster.

3) 3DC uses multi-core processors for most operations - painting, subdivision, texture baking, occlusion calculation.

4) Interface was changed drastically. All menu was reorganised to make workflow more easy and intuitive.

5) Many new layer adjustments are done

LayerAdjustements.jpg

6) All of them have realtime previews and ability to apply not only to current layer but also to all layers.

AdjustWithRealtimePreview.jpg

7) Ability to hide/show/lock/rename materials and sub-objects

ObjectsAndMaterials.jpg

8) Navigation controls for grids. You can snap to rotated grids and rotate grids with constraints (SHIFT)

SnapToGrid.jpg

9) Pen falloff is done. You can select "Focal shift" or "Falloff" like preferred control in options.

Falloff.jpg

10) Conditions prewiew menu. You can switch between color and B/W preview

Conditions_preview.jpgConditions_preview_BW.jpg

11) You can export/import one layer or all layers into PSD file with padding.

ExportAllLayers.jpg

13) Now you can erase with curves

Curve-Erase.jpg

14) ... freeze with curves

Curve-Freeze.jpg

15) ... Planarize with curve

Curve-Planar.jpg

16) ... paint absolute height - compare with usual painting (second picture)

Curve-Absolute.jpg

Curve-Paint.jpg

17) The default interface is light, but you can switch dark style immediately after loading

DarkLight.jpg

18) All lines are antialiased

AALines.jpg

19) Pen opacity preview is recovered

OpacityPreview.jpg

20) Freeze/select has become much more powerful and should work much faster

SelectFreeze.jpg

21) Hints style is changed to be closer to cursor.

22) Painting in mixing colors mode was improved.

23) Multilingual installation.

24) Many new interface presets, you can fully customize the interface colors.

25) New user manual

26) Baking process can be stopped by ESC key.

27) Occlusion calculation can be stopped any time and the result of calculation can be applied even if you have not calculated AO until the end.

Wellcome to downloads section!

www.3d-coat.com/download.html

The direct link:

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-en.exe

Thank to all who participated in beta testing of the 3D-Coat 2.07 !

• Advanced Member

Andrew thanks! downloading now.

What are your plans for 2.08?

"22) Painting in mixing colors mode was improved." Nice, i'll give it a try!

EDIT: i just tried it, i think its worse now :|

strokeij7.jpg

i hope you improve this in the near future. Photoshop has this mix color mode, and it just works. I use it often.

• Advanced Member
Strange, I have tried it again, it seems to work fine... Please show your options during painting.

post-1-1205174753_thumb.jpg

OK, i figure out the problem. Its me! because of the re-branding of 3DB to 3DC, it installed into a new directory, but the shortcut on my desktop is still pointing to 3D-Brush beta version.

Mix color mode, works perfect now, thanks alot Andrew!! the new manual is nice also, its alot cleaner. Looking forward to 2.08 beta lol.

Okay, I just posted some praise and bugs, and the forum died. Ah well. I'm back with the issues again, but on the topic of praise... I really love how the program is growing. The layer options, texture baking and everything in between are simply awesome.

- The H key still does two things.

- An option to delay tooltips would be appreciated.

- An option to not have to click to open the top menus would also be handy.

- The manual is still named after 3D-brush, and the load file dialogue has '3-brush' written as the default load name.

- It'd be good to be able to turn off the popup options which appear after loading 3D-Coat.

Thanks! :)