3DCoat Forums
    • Does anyone here have experience using an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X or the new 9950X? I am curious how well it performs in 3DCoat because the multithreading in 3DCoat uses the Intel TBB (Thread Building Blocks) Library, which used to cripple performance of AMD CPU's in years past. It is optimized to work with Intel CPU's, but not on AMD CPU's. It's my understanding that AMD won a lawsuit against Intel over this and another business practice more than a few years ago, but I cannot find anything via Google Search about the results of that lawsuit.  
    • Is this bug ever been looking in to? It still exists and quite inconvenient.  
    • I have purchased some trim patterns from artstation and imported them into 3Dcoat as Strips. When I draw with buildup tool, it created gap along the stroke and I can't make it seamless even though the 2D images are perfectly seamless. I tried tweaked all the setting possible and reduce the spacing to a low number but nothing help. I am assuming this is a new bug happen when importing, it used to be fine, not sue which version messed this up.
    • do you mean using the green channel of the normal map for handpainting ? or having the normal map itself as the diffuse? if so all you do is export normal map and then import diffuse texture and apply it that way or, for handpainting , export normal map , open it in your desired photo editing software, use the green channel and export it back and use that as a diffuse texture
    • Hi Carlosan,     Thanks so much for your quick response. I appreciate all of the help you constantly provide us with. Have a great day. Cheerio lululee
    • Case: NZXT H7 Flow (2024) Review - TechPowerUp. Microphone: FIFINE K688 Review - APH Networks. Router: TP-Link Archer BE3600 Wi-Fi 7 router review- Dual-band Wi-Fi 7 for less than $100 - Tom's Hardware. Thanks Neutronbeam. Case: Montech XR Review - TechPowerUp. CPU/GPU/AIO/SSD Cooler: PCCOOLER RZ820 Review - TechPowerUp. Headset/Earbuds: Bose QuietComfort Earbuds (2024) Review - PCMag. Laptop: AMD Ryzen AI 9 HX 370 - ASUS ZenBook S 16 (Zen 5 Mobile - RDNA 3.5) - Guru3D. Microphone: Antlion Audio ModMic USB 2 Microphone - Christ Centered Gamer. Mini PC: GMK NucBox K9 mini PC review- Core Ultra 5 125H with Arc 7 graphics - NotebookCheck.net Reviews.
    • Go to channels Open Depth options Blend mode will help
    • Please Change the Shape format from .eps to .svg. Eps only causes errors and bugs in 3dcoat 2024.
    • blob is great for blocking out simple shapes but i wish there was an options to have each shape be a new layer , so every time you use it layer is created , secondly , it would be amazing if we could get a real time thickness slider , its not super important but would be nice .
    • When I switch to sphere tool I can longer rotate or zoom. I can however still pan. While mostly unable to navigate around, I can still use the tool to create meshes, but I am locked into whatever angle of view I was in when I switch to Sphere tool. When I switch to any other tool, my ability to rotate around and zoom in/out is completely functional. I have rotate set to alt+LMB, and zoom on alt+RMB Is there some way I could have accidentally played with a setting that disables these commands in sphere tool specifically?  I'm feeling pretty lost on this one. thanks!
    • Massive amount of material, thanks for sharing .
    • Hi, When using depth how can I make it so the bottom line does not show? Cheerio lululee
    • here's what i wound up doing.  love any feedback if there is a better way. - create a plane that is 1-1 with the texel density of the texture.  (ex. a 10x10 plane matches my texture in world space) - save a camera position in front of the plane (via save camera or a camera shortcut) - to open a smart material:     move the camera to the default position via the camera shortcut or save     open the smart material (in "From Camera" mode)     scale the stencil texture to match the plane 1-1.     ensure the lock button is enabled     use the smart material to project - to close the smart material: return the camera to the default position via the camera shortcut or save unlock the stencil close the material