3DCoat Forums
    • is there a way to get a stable version .. ive stopped using 3coat because booleans will fail , merging will fail and wipe the mesh , retopology ,tools and even baking will fail and sometimes ruin the hardwork ive put into , i know alot of people are requesting new features but i loved the fact 3dcoat has 0 restrictions when it come to topology and you could use traditional modelling inside the sculpt area at high density ..  but i really need solid stable performance because i can sometimes put days of work into something to find the save has failed and have to go back hours or the whole mesh will dissapear and ctrl+z wont correct this .
    • 3dcoat needs to overhaul the user experience. Every single time I open 3dcoat I am reminded that older versions of 3dcoat had better functionality in some places. Retopology room had better hotkeys in old versions. Then the devs started separating the tools to make more buttons. Combine add/split and split ring functionality using control toggling functionality and ctrl+shift functionality.  Do not ask us to make these hotkeys we aren't digging into 3dcoat to figure out your hotkey interface tools. Modo devs told us this and we switched to maya and dumped modo. Maya has marking menus and is designed around heavy production workflows that have come from thousands of hours of user feedback. Modo and lightwave devs ignored user feedback and their user base left. This is simple user feedback that I know devs probably feel is beneath them when they can just tell their user base to make their own hotkeys by mucking with user interface hotkeys. The 3d graveyard is filled with apps that went this route. 3dcoat needs quality of life improvements that come from well established hotkeys that are context sensitive to the tab that is currently active. For example... the ` hotkey could be repurposed for each room. The spacebar hotkey is already repurposed for each room. Take this further. Create regionality for similar functions. (like a color wheel) do not just make another window with boxes inside. Make the boxes smaller and create regional spaces for those boxes to exist in like a marking menu. Either that or create a "find" button for the spacebar menu because it takes too long to read the buttons in the spacebar box. It is slow and cumbersome. This is your user feedback. Do not ignore your user feedback. Other devs do not have the luxury of getting any user feedback. Once you lose this luxury, you will be flying blind and implementing features that no one will touch.
    • Here it's not really a temp file, but the active file that gets changed into this /applink .3b file, I think by doing Ctrl+Z, or maybe just when pushing a mesh from blender to Coat.
    • If Preferences > General > autosave it is turned ON temp files are saved on this location: \Documents\3DCoat\UserPrefs\UserScenes
    • I keep having a bug, I'm not sure what triggers it but seems to be when pushing a mesh from blender applink to Coat as voxel, and maybe Crtl+Z a few actiosn later ? It changes the active/opened file name to "3DC027._001", and ctrl+shift+S does a regular save, so you can't save as your actual file, and you also do'nt even know where this file have been placed, so you're a bit blocked. if you close you don't know where to find this file, and your real file has not been saved as it was not the opened file anymore. Ok by closing and re-opening last file, you can actually find where this file was saved: But it's still pretty confusing when it happens, and increase chances to loose your file, as it gets shifted to this random applink file. Not a big problem though, and definitely caused by the applink recieving data from blender.
    • 1. i wrote 2 detailed posts about how to improve the UX. it has been ignored.  2. im not a beta tester, im not on a payroll from pilgway. its not my job to QA their tool. the bags im experiencing are pre - alpha level bags. far from the acceptable threshold of bugs expected from every software. im a customer - i pay for the tool to get my creations done. and i chose this tool based on the promised for the features it can provide in a solid state. if the tool can't get BASIC operations done - i did not get what i paid for. its logical not emotional.   
    • word of advice .. you probably already do ... but use a seperate software for modelling , honestly it will save you alot of time .. 
    • Hi! I think the picture and title says it all, but I think the reason is that I am personnally lost in my shaders especially when I have multiple ones that are sort of in the same range of color, would be great to be able to display their name under it to quickly recognize them.   
    • Hi Oleg, to clarify some things, i simply went to the modelling room and began extruding faces of a cube to see where it would take me. It took very little time until I ran into many issues. (Too many to list). Honestly if you cant see the issues yourselves then we have no hope. We cant be your QA for rudimentary issues. If you guys think it all works great and is 'as designed' then good for you, but unfortunately I would have to say if that's the case, then that user experience is not for me.
    • Although I do agree with you that the software has issues, exposing those and encourage developers to prioritise fixing is the way to go, I'd say. Publicly sharing our own frustrations is understandable, but of little effect in general if it's left at that. Sharing what's not working and what frustrations it brings, along with expected behaviours of the tools it's ultimately our best chance of getting what we want. Plain expositions of our feelings, even justified feelings, won't get us much. For what I can use 3DCoat, I do use it and like it. For what I can't, I don't. It could help if more elaborated issues are posted in these forums, with or without frustrations included if they illustrate the issue better. And if those issues seem to not be deemed important enough, dismissed or postponed their tackling at eternum... well, then we better look elsewhere and come back after a while to see if things progressed in a way it benefits us. That's what I'm trying to do and encouraging you to do as well. Don't take it the wrong way, I fundamentally agree with your points. Just trying to be practical.  
    • CPU/GPU/AIO/SSD Cooler: Lian Li HydroShift LCD 360S Liquid CPU Cooler Review - ThinkComputers.org. CPU/GPU/AIO/SSD Cooler: The Lian Li Hydroshift LCD 360S AIO Cooler Review- Sleek, Stylish, and Lively - AnandTech. Microphone: Maono WM620 Review - APH Networks. Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed review - PC Gamer. NAS/Enclosure: OWC Express 4M2 - OCinside. SSD: Corsair MP600 Mini 2 TB Review - Great Storage for Steam Deck - TechPowerUp. SSD: TEAMGROUP T-FORCE G70 PRO 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD - Nikk Tech. Case: XPG Invader X Review - TechPowerUp. Hard Drive: Seagate IronWolf Pro 24TB HDD Review, Best NAS Hard Drive This Year- - ThePCEnthusiast. PC: MSI Vision Elite RS Review - PCMag.
    • https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30514-3d-coat-bug/#comment-195294   I cant even use the software basic functionality  If this very basic bug will not be fixed in next update ill just ask a refund for my last upgrade 1 month ago, the software is not working and i cant use it   
    • We will add this feature in the future. Currently you can use the Surface Swept tool  
    • Modelling Room Profile types... Does anyone know where these Profile Types are located. Can I make my own? We currently have these (see attached), I'd like to see if can make one - if possible. Thanks
    • thank you for your answer.   3d coat was running in study mode. I realized it in texture painting mode. My payment date has already passed. I will make the payment quickly. lol    thanks.