3DCoat Forums
    • Hello dear, our usual rule is that everybody has 12 months of free upgrades  since the date of the last purchase or from the last upgrade. If you make the upgrade now, you will have free  upgrades during 12 months, including the appropriate 3DCoat 2025 versions.
    • Hi please send your issue at sales@3dcoat.com
    • The function is disabled, the setting is saved in a new session. Tested 2024.26
    • How turned off this permanently ?!!!!
    • Matrix? Edit: But because of this matrix, I can finally!!! use the same shortcut for 'align to view' in the Pose tool as in the Move Tool!!! This should obviously work like that. so this is not a bug XDDDD  
    • Voxels are better for organic modeling and the initial blocking out phase while the Surface mode is better for hard surface modeling since it's a lot easier to retain hard edges while manipulating your model.  
    • What is the purpose of turning them into voxels? Is there something that can only be done in voxels, and nothing else? I love voxels, but I usually create them inside 3DCoat, and work from there. If you import your meshes as surfaces then maybe the triangle count won't skyrocket so quickly, of course depending on your incoming model's density. I'm also trying to work out a good workflow between blender and 3Dcoat. I'm still stuck at bringing in the exported model from 3DCoat using the app-link. there needs to be a new tutorial where someone goes through all the possibilities of the exchange between thetwo apps (3DC->B3D->3DC->B3D etc. as many times you need to)  
    • Was able to launch 3d coat, but there are viewport errors. The grid overlaps all models in voxel and surface mode. Models themselves have strange artifacts, like objects are confused about what is in front or occluded. Showing 385FPS when vertical sync is enabled in prefereces. Working with a fresh install and fresh 3DCoat documents folder.
    • Does everyone's renewal start after a different time? I guess it's obvious now that everyone should be entitled to a full year. I passed on the last sale because I was going by calendar year. I thought the middle of the year was premature. I then found that My updates just ended in August. Oh well. just thought I'd say it out loud.  
    • On EndavourOS (Arch Linux variant), GNOME 46.5 and Wayland, after unpacking the 3DCoat-2024.27-01.tar.bz2 file and running ./3dcoat I get this: $>./3dcoat                                    Exit code: 134 Gdk-Message: 18:00:01.039: Unable to load sb_up_arrow from the cursor theme Gdk-Message: 18:00:01.039: Unable to load circle from the cursor theme I tried changing the cursor theme but it says something very similar, but slightly different cursor theme error message. $>./3dcoat Exit code: 255 Gdk-Message: 18:06:29.629: Unable to load sb_up_arrow from the cursor theme Gdk-Message: 18:06:29.629: Unable to load tcross from the cursor theme free(): invalid pointer zsh: IOT instruction (core dumped) ./3dcoat 3DCoat just doesn't launch after that. Edit: I tried it in Gnome X11 and it launches successfully, but crashes on attempting to save the scene to a file.
    • Glad to see improvements are being made to modernize the Linux version, thank you for the hard-work.
    • Unzip into any folder. For example, "Downloads", "Desktop", "Home". The error "Couldn't make the context current" has been investigated and fixed. Please re-download and try the following: https://pilgway.com/~sergyi/links-Linux.html Note, that the current "3DCoat 2024.27-01" has visual glitches that are under investigation.