3DCoat Forums
    • Good morning Carlosan, Regarding Step 1 - I'm a DAZ PA so I have access to that functionality to create HD morphs with DAZ & ZBrush via GoZ, unfortunately that's not the issue for this mesh. None of the testing meshes have had Sub-D levels applied. I still think it's a vertices order change, I guess it has to be considering the polycount is the same. Step 2 - this is looking like a very awesome workflow, I love where this is going. Exactly what's needed for a DAZ figure...paint and morph at the same time. "You can also paint or move by Layer, File > export model and textures and then import Layers as morphs on Morph loader." - very, very, very cool Something to considered.... Inside of DAZ Studio under surfaces, there is a system called LIE ( Layered Image Editor ) it's used to create Make-up mainly. Imagine a workflow between 3DCoat and DAZ where you can bridge your character across, use Paint w/displacement to create details, morphs and a texture layer. Bridge back to DAZ ( like GoZ but better ) and a morphs gets created plus a layered textured that works with the LIE system. Then, we have a completely non-destructive workflow and content creators for DAZ can create addon asset packs. ---------------------------------------------------------------- With last nights testing, I had no issue creating new UV's and creating morphs with the mesh using 3DCoat. The only issue left standing for me is that exported mesh updated inside of 3DCoat does not match the original mesh from ZBrush. Once again, only a minor thing has I will adapt the workflow...it's just been driving me nuts for so long LOL Side note: many of the morphs I create in Zbrush takes advantage of two main factors. 1. masking 2. deformation panel functions ie: contrast, inflate etc.
    • I have checked the Resample to 10K on the standard body model inside "3DCoat 2024.20" for macOS, and it works. Try to rename your user data folder "Documents/3DCoat" into something like "--3DCoat". Start "3DCoat 2024.20" and it will create a fresh user data folder with default settings. Restore your scenes manually to filter out settings. There were cases when corrupted settings affected the app's behavior.
    • Hello! Despite several complications and trash in our country, I am actively working on the build for Linux using GTK3 and feel optimistic about it. As I said, the code has already been successfully compiled and linked. The problem is that some things are not working as expected. Again, it's worth waiting for the build because I have restructured the code, and it seems like it will be possible to migrate to GTK4.
    • read the full article here The Department of Justice was not pleased with the company creating an obstacle course out of its cancellation process. In a somewhat unexpected turn of events, the ongoing controversy surrounding Photoshop and Substance 3D developer Adobe has extended beyond negative social media comments and Twitter Community Notes and into real life, with the company getting sued by the US government on the grounds of the former's questionable business practices.
    • Repirted, thanks for point it up.
    • 3dcoat still doesn't store this setting in Brush presets, please add it!
    • last test - 2 steps - Polygroups:  Import daz model into retopo/model to make/modify polygroups or add UVs to existing polygroups (as was show above). - Sculpt +morph Bake from R/M to Paint selecting MicroVertex mode (here we have an issue, MV baking dont have udims support as option) Until this issue is solved I exported the model from R/M and importing into Paint Room for MV painting (Load object options is complete) - Udims and polygroups are preserved Paint w/displacement or move Export the model and import into original model on daz, apply morph Morphs are loaded OK (both: painted displacement and move) Surfaces are preserved ok You can also paint or move by Layer, File > export model and textures and then import Layers as morphs on Morph loader.
    • I found this - Part 1 hope it help exporting an object back to DAZ at a different resolution will break the object when you apply the morph.
    • Reverted back to 2024-20 and no issues, imports fine. It's what was happening before. Sorry I need to call it for a night it's 10pm here. Thanks again for all the assistance...all the best for your day/evening. I'll touch base again tomorrow. Cheers Ady
    • Hey Carslon, Issue 1 - importing into retopo I am getting the same issue in the Retopo Room....it's like scaling issue.
    • Ooh, regarding these questions I don't know sorry...it's still an area I am confused about and haven't done any testing on: do you need to keep the original udims?  Or separate materials ? My initial guess would have been Separate Materials - BUT - after inspecting the textures folder it could be the UDIMS  
    • Try this, import into retopo room NOT modeling room It is working ? Issue 1 - importing into retopo  
    • Okay....just so I know I am not going crazy please LOL There are two files in the ZIP - A Zbrush File and an OBJ File that has UVs and Polygroups Exported from ZBrush at Scale 100 Test / Issue 1: I am having visibility issue trying to import this into 3DCoat 2024-20-B2, it appears to import but nothing shows. ( that seems to be hit and miss atm ) Originally I exported as Scale 1 and thought that might have been an issue. Test / Issue 2: Import the LI{20}GorgonMask{20}2024 into DAZ Studio. ( this way we get poorly named polygroups ) Open ZBrush file, sculpt mesh to create a morph and then GoZ ( Update Existing Object ) to create said morph. ( It should work well ) Next, Export the mask base mesh from DAZ to create as a new OBJ. Import into 3DCoat Modeling Room, update UV's, export out. In Studio, delete the original mesh...import the new mesh with update UV's Inside of Zbrush - Goz the originally create morph. I have no luck on my end.   LI{20}GorgonMask{20}2024.zip
    • Next step From polygroups on modeling room Bake to paint room to add texture maps with this settings ? do you need to keep the original udims?    Or separate materials ?
    • testing create new polygroup in 3DC moving model faces Mesh > export Import 3dc exported model into daz polygroups is loaded, I used it to create new surfaces, done