3DCoat Forums
    • Check this image please, those are the only options i have when i right click on layer
    • i cant replicate this ...  i even used double the amount of tris to see if it was performance issue .. but crash didnt happen    however i did notice that voxel brushes utilize all the cores of my cpu ... however surface brushes (which is use all the time) only uses one cpu core ....  
    • Hi You can use fill tool on Eraser Mode
    • right click on the layer , add mask
    • Hi there! I am following this tutorial where the instructor is creating a mask but in my 3dcoat 2024.02 the mask buttom is not there. Video below and also screenshot attached  
    • Hi !  Question, i know how to fill a geometry with a material or color while using the fill tool, but how do i do the opposite, if i fill something  and maybe after working for half hour i just want to erase that material or color, can i do it with the fill tool or i have to use erase tool and clean everything manually ?   Thanks
    • Attached the problematic .3b file to the previous post
    • Hi everyone,  I wanted to share my progress after using 3dc for around 10 months.  Sound daft but  It's not obvious how to upload an image here from disk.  
    • Hi, Is there a way to remove the lock button/symbol from the Layers list in the Paint Room or at least deactivate it or move it to the right of the layer name? So far I have never needed it and a right click option would be sufficient (or a way to add or remove it in the preferences) but I accidentally click on it regularly, especially wenn not looking at the layers (e.g. when turning a layer off and on to check the change). It's a mere annoyance, but it's a couple of unnecessary clicks each time and can get frustrating. 3DCoat 2023.37    
    • I created a similar structure in sculpt tree and made a Collapse Boolean tree. This made the program collapse once out of all the attempts. Therefore, it is advisable to show your scene to the developers.
    • What exactly is outdated? What version of the program are we talking about?
    • Aaand a consistent voxel based Live boolean crash without a prompt to submit a report sadly! I would send out the .3b but its like 1.5gb. Tried rolling back to the latest stable build, still oocurs. I: think it might have to do with phantom layer data. It delete the layers but it comes back when I remesh or decimate. Here is a test object all done with live booleans I'll see if I can get a good high / lowpoly out of. I'm finding that live booleans are really nice for hardsurface because they give you that sharp holding edge that you don't get out of voxels, and they still work even with many many cuts because it's just voxels, so much more stable than successive booleans in surface mode. However, I am getting quite a lot of crashing when trying to cook out my booleans right now. 2024-10-25_ScifiCylinder_remesh.3b
    • Im on Windows 11 Pro Version 23h2.  3dcoat version 27 and 28 both stop at splash screen
    • I was wondering if anyone knows of or how to properly import your custom textures to cs2s new workshop menu as the way it shows in the program is outdated. Thanks-K1NG P.S Unsure if here is right place to ask so if not my bad
    • What windows version do you use? Anyone who has this problem, please help me to dig deeper. Install the build https://pilgway.com/files/3dcoat/2021/3DCoat-2024-29-01.exe Install, run, send me c:/Users/..User../Docs/3DCoat/log.txt (andrewshpagin@gmail.com)   Then revert to working version wit updater. Thanks for patience! This version has different Python approach, maybe it caused problems.
    • Hello! I have few suggestions on how to improve brush UI. Few of them on images below. Some others: 1. Please implement a feature to allow shift-click to select multiple brushes at once, similar to how it works with files in windows file explorer. Currently both shift-click and ctrl-click work same. 2. Please allow deleting multiple selected brushes. Currently if I want to delete multiple brushes (for example, the default ones that being created in a new folder) I have to manually select and delete each of them one by one. It would be really nice to be able to shift-click select multiple brushes and delete them with one click. Thank you!
    • 1. Do you mean .abr files ? https://3dcoat.com/documentation/manual/brush-components/brushes-alphas/#how_to_import_abr_files or import export a brush package? press the 3 dots upper right Alpha panel 2. Go to this folder and delete the Alphas manually (its the fast way) C:\Users\<username>\Documents\3DCoat\UserPrefs\Alphas 3. It is not possible (will be a nice feature request). You can create a new folder and move the brushes to the new location   Use Windows > Panels > Presets to store/select Brushes and Tool Options