3DCoat Forums
    • The simplified export (auto UV + bake to fbx) always gives a crash, even with a sphere, when using the "To blender via applink" option. Even if you applink works fine when using file > send to blender. (using "regular Export" option works fine)   But yea the quality of the face normals after the decimation is not really usable:
    • The field to add the phototshop exe path does not work, impossible to ctrl+v, impossible to type, clicking it just adds a random path, having the correct path in the clipboard does not help: right click doesn't allow to paste the photoshop exe path either. I'm latest .20 Ok actually all fields have stopped working, 20 minutes ago I could edit the fbx auto export field, now it also does not respond, just "pastes" thsi applink folder when clicked, without this path being in my clipboard.. Ok restarting the app fixed it. still leaving this in case something can be done.
    • it seems like adding a curve to the curve tree and using that on a surface with cut-off is working Is that a common workflow in 3d coat?
    • Thank you sir. What exact tools i need to use on a surface to be able to achieve such workflow ?
    • I have the same issue. I have tried the suggested solution however when I input the correct name into the environment variable and launch 3dcoat, 3DCoat freezes. I have tried 3dcoat and textura and ubuntu22.04 and 20.04 executables all with the same results. Any ideas?
    • Hi Bug confirmed Thanks for point it up
    • Hi dear Carlosan, I have prepared a video to demonstrate my workflow. In this video, it appears that I have an issue with the mapping in Daz3D, but this is not the case. As you can see in the picture below, the mapping is correct. This is a Daz3D issue. My problem lies with the 3D model itself. It follows the body correctly during deformation, but at some point, the body intersects with the 3D model. To solve this, the tip is to use the “smoothing modifier” to create a small gap between the 3D model and the skin of the body. However, when I do this, a significant artifact appears. Please let me know if my workflow is correct or not. Here is a summary of my workflow: Creating a depth map from a picture to create a mapped low relief in 3DCoat. Creating a cloth in 3DCoat. Mixing both in a single 3D model. Exporting the 3D model with color and normal maps. Importing in Daz3D and using the “transfer utility” tool so the cloth follows the movement of the body. I apologize for the length of the video. Sincerely Bruno https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IzylVNhhY7rhU-LiqR4aPqpbbENsvPdV/view?usp=sharing
    • Tried selecting multiple alphas as per this help article about sequence painting, but it doesn't seem to work. It always uses the same alpha no matter what. Did it break when the new brush system came into being, or am I missing something? Can someone walk me through the steps with the 2024 version?* *I'm specifically talking about sculpting. I'm trying to use stamp mode to extrude a set of random alphas on a sculpt.
    • There is some incompatibility Booleans operation are performed on voxels. Attach model/splines to curve are performed on surfaces.
    • The screenshot of the file with Mask Disabled: It probly something simple I am missing. The 3DCoat File for that texture if you wanted to have a look: ( 120mb ZIP ) https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbk1m900zsiupgn/LI GorganMask 2024 PP Leather.3b.zip?dl=0
    • Hi To understand your workflow. Is it an external model that you imported into 3DC to modify it? Is it a new model created in 3DC ? Is the model very small? may be autosnap values join vertices during baking... Did you paint something in Layer 0?  What type of textures are you exporting? Do you use any for displacement? 
    • Yes, I had done that as well ( it give's me the Red X on the layer )
    • Sorry, for any confusion from my statement. Short answer: it was only slower because the two meshes didn't match for morphs and all the experimentation. I just spent more time on the project than I initially anticipated. Long answer: Firstly, it took me longer than I wanted because originally I only wanted to spend a day on it. All I wanted to do was remove the horns and create some new textures. During the first initial steps, I removed the horns in DAZ, then GoZ'd the mesh to ZBrush to create polygroups. Because we can't GoZ a mesh to DAZ with updated polygroups, I exported the new obj. All this took a max of 10mins. I exported the mesh from DAZ with new surface names so I could use them as paint-objects in 3DCoat. So I went through the process of re-merging islands from the separated UV to a single UV (3DCoat splitting the UV on import because of surface names ) Then down the rabbit hole I went...the new mesh exported from 3DC and imported into DAZ wouldn't accept any ZB morphs created from the original. From this point I could have just sent the new mesh to ZBrush and kept working but I wanted to know why it was happening. So ran test again, couldn't get it to work. So I posted the issue hear and you opened my eyes to some new functionalities and possible solutions. Before you know the day was gone LOL. Then we started talking about texturing and layer mask. So, it really wasnt a workflow issue...it was more about testing and experimenting but that's how we learn. The most valuable thing I learned was the ability to Sync the Layer Mask with Photoshop, make edits and send it back. I used the base texture first, created a desaturated version, increased the brightness and contrast to make the pattern stand out more. Created a new canvas in Photoshop and copied the texture across. Then closed the original sync layer without saving. In 3DCoat, I created a mask layer, sync that with Photoshop, deleted that layer, dragged the modified image into this canvas and renamed the layer. Save...and hey presto, I have the exact mask I was looking for. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For me, based on yesterday's and today work, in 3DCoat there are currently two things that slow down my texturing process. 1. is minor. So the mask only has a single 4K texture. I love using the Stamp Mode Brush but I have noticed it does seem to drag its feet a little when pulling out larger sections. 2. I'm not sure if it is because all of my content and resources are on a NAS, but when I initially switch to my every time I switch to custom my Custom Brushes Tab it lags for about 30 seconds and it only has 13 alphas in it....and when I click on different brush tips (alphas) there can be long lags there too....like up to 20 seconds. Even if I have clicked on it before. This can make the texturing process frustrating for me. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The only thing I could think of right now that would have sped up the workflow is this: When I import that Mask into 3DCoat that has the new polygroups based on surface names created in DAZ, if 3DCoat didn't split the UV based on those surface names I could have gone straight into texturing. How would you manage a single mesh, that is constructed of two UV's but each UV has 4 different surface names? It's all about workflow for me at the moment and trying to make 5 main apps work togther. DAZ, 3DCoat, ZBrush, Photoshop and Blender ( plus Hexagon 3D ) I've textured these products using 3DCoat: ( The Photon Skimmer was the biggest one yet. https://www.daz3d.com/li-scuttlebot https://www.daz3d.com/li-photon-skimmer https://www.daz3d.com/li-toon-whale https://www.daz3d.com/li-ponyring-and-tail-for-genesis-9 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
    • I can't see to turn off clipping mask. As you can using a Layer mask for clipping, need to turn off the mask, not the layer
    • took me longer than I wanted Can i ask why ? I like to know differences with your current workflow.  Why was it slower and what could be improved to speed up the steps? And know if there is any comparative advantage making in on 3DC or it is just copying what can be done with other software but slower.
    • RealityCapture 1.4 is now available to download from the Epic Games Launcher or via the new Epic Developer Portal with an updated pricing model. WHAT’S NEW Updated pricing model Starting today, RealityCapture is becoming free for students, educators, hobbyists, and companies making under $1 million USD in annual gross revenue. Subscription seats can be purchased for $1,250 per user per year for companies over that threshold. You can also purchase RealityCapture as part of the Unreal Subscription, along with Unreal Engine and Twinmotion, for $1,850 per user per year. You can find more details about the updated pricing model in our blog announcement. RealityCapture 1.4 in the Epic Games Launcher Direct downloads, installations, and updates for RealityCapture 1.4 and subsequent builds are now available through the Epic Games Launcher.