3DCoat Forums

2.10.04 - [beta] service pack for 2.10

This is service pack for 2.10. It fixes all found and reported bugs and adds some useful functionality:

1) New item in Import/export - Save normalmap (tangent space, Layer0 based). This option is especially important if you imported model without smoothing. Using this option you can export normalmap without artifacts on edges because tangent space is based on layer 0, not vertex - based like in other options. Possible workflow: open mesh without smoothing, import normalmap, add details on other layer (not Layer0 or normalmap layer) and export new normalmap using this command.

NormLayer0.jpg

2) Pen operating improved - now you can enable/disable pen pressure acting on radius/depth/opacity/smoothing/specularity.

PenPress.jpg

3) It is possible now to add entire folder of materials. Files that contain mask *_depth.*, *_bump.*, *_displ.*, "*_alpha.* will be trated ad depth channel, files *_color.*, *_diffuse.*, *_clr.* will be treated as a color, files *_spec.* will be treated as specular textures.

AddMtlFolder.jpg

4) Compatibility with older 3B files improved.

5) Vista registering problem finally solved.

6) Vista long invert freeze issue solved.

7) Several sculpting issues fixed.

8) Undo disabled in Merge visible layers - it is almost useless but takes too much time. Anyway user will be warned before operation.

9) New funny creature in samples :)

Windows link is there:

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-10.04.exe

Mac link:

www.3d-coat.com/Serega/3D-Coat-2-10-04.dmg

Note for Mac users: we have changed style of installation because previous installer installs version with deleting previous files. Please tell if new style of installer is usual and good for you. The new one will copy files overwrite without erasing previous files..

If all will be OK it will be released in monday.

• Advanced Member

The new pen options are great!

A couple quick things i noticed:

1. Freezing does not show when the object is in environment map mode.

2. When i am firmly painting for a few seconds (continuous stroke) with my wacom tablet and then i lift the pen off the tablet, the pen in 3d-coat continues to draw for a little while. I've noticed this at work and at home.

Thanks for another great beta!

Where are these news functions in the "System of translation"? Normal map, folders...

There is small stuck with online translation system. Please translate last strings in file. I want to release service pack tomorrow. I have attached text. Translate only what is in <text> quetes as it shown below:

<TextItem>

<ID>UseLwoSubpatch</ID>

<Text>Export LWO with subpatches</Text>

</TextItem>

Thank you!

French.zip

Nice work, the freezing now works with sculpting.

I only found some viewport errors when switching freezing views(DX):

1) on environment mode, freezing doesn't show at all

2) when switching freeze views, it sometimes doesn't switch, or shows the old settings when using freeze brush.

3) can you please set the default to the grayer version? I'm getting dizzy of the movement :-)

Furthermore painting with a higher cavity radius really bogs 3d-coat down, is this normal?

Edit:

Painting with splines and editing the splines works weird, the splines move towards eachother and can't be moved away. Very odd.

Is there a way to create a preview for normal spline drawing?

2) when switching freeze views, it sometimes doesn't switch, or shows the old settings when using freeze brush.

Have pressed ALT+F?

3) can you please set the default to the grayer version? I'm getting dizzy of the movement :-)

After switching your freeze type will be stored in options, so next time your freeze type will be as in previous session.

Furthermore painting with a higher cavity radius really bogs 3d-coat down, is this normal?

Fast moving with a big brush in cavity mode lead to lag. Cavity map is updated on new painted area.

• Advanced Member
2. When i am firmly painting for a few seconds (continuous stroke) with my wacom tablet and then i lift the pen off the tablet, the pen in 3d-coat continues to draw for a little while. I've noticed this at work and at home.

Has anyone else experienced this or am i the only lucky one? :)

Ok translation executed :)

Tell me is the format is acceptable ! Normally no problem :)

If not tell me

Have fun codding!

Waiting the debug of the system of translation ;)

Ps you Messages box is full !!!

Thank you!!!

Started preparing today's release. My coding is very fun today. Made importing OBJ-s as a volumetric data :)

Nice work, the freezing now works with sculpting.

I only found some viewport errors when switching freezing views(DX):

1) on environment mode, freezing doesn't show at all

Edit:

Painting with splines and editing the splines works weird, the splines move towards eachother and can't be moved away. Very odd.

Is there a way to create a preview for normal spline drawing?

Sorry for the late reply, was very busy the last couple of days.

I've tried it again, and somehow all these problems are now gone in 2.10.05(perhaps partly because of a system restart?)

So it doesn't need any further testing, thanks for the reply.

One thing remains though: is there any normal spline drawing preview planned? Now spline drawing is quite a hit or miss...

• Advanced Member
Sorry for the late reply, was very busy the last couple of days.

I've tried it again, and somehow all these problems are now gone in 2.10.05(perhaps partly because of a system restart?)

So it doesn't need any further testing, thanks for the reply.

One thing remains though: is there any normal spline drawing preview planned? Now spline drawing is quite a hit or miss...

There was spline drawing preview in 2.09,but now gone in 2.10... :(