3DCoat Forums

Default green color in UVW room. Can it be changed?

RobH2

The default green color in the UVW room makes it very difficult to see new seams that are being created. Any color "other" than the same color of the seams would work so much better. Is there a way to change the default from green to something else?

Tony, with 2,684 posts I'll trust that if you don't know how to change that color, then it isn't possible. Maybe that will be a feature one day.

It's not so bad once you get a bunch of islands because the random colors are frequently something other than that green, but for the very first color to be green under the very first edges, it will make you go blind trying to see the edges selected.

How awesome is that? I would never have thought that a setting in one room might affect another like that. Thank you. There are a lot of greens in that palette but I guessed that the default one was the top left swatch. I changed it to a magenta and life is good again.

Thanks for teaching me something new about this awesome program.

• Advanced Member

I think this color swatch menu changes UV map colors for both, retopo and UV map but you have access to it only from Retopo room. Would be better to have this Color menu in UV room too.

• Advanced Member

How awesome is that? I would never have thought that a setting in one room might affect another like that. Thank you. There are a lot of greens in that palette but I guessed that the default one was the top left swatch. I changed it to a magenta and life is good again.

Thanks for teaching me something new about this awesome program.

I don't think this is awesome when there are so many features in the program but we don't know where to find them in current UI layout. The more I use 3DC the more I am disappointing how all program menus are scattered all around.

I think it's still awesome and remember, 3DCoat is reasonably priced. So many software developers charge $800 for software that does "just one thing." 3dCoat does dozens of things. I don't care so much where the menu items are as long as they work. The more you use a program, the more comfortable you get finding all the switches. I'm going to stay with the glass "half full" instead of "half empty" on this one.

• Like 2

Not sure. Did you maybe close 3DC and reopen it to see if it picked up your color change? I'm not sure it will work on the fly, meaning, that if you are working on a mesh already and then change the color, then it updates immediately. It might but I'm not sure.

Try making sure that the green swatch you changed (I changed the upper left one) held, then close and reopen 3DC. FYI, I have magenta as my default and the edges line is magenta too, but it's much easier to see then the green on green for some reason. So for me, it's a solution.

• Contributor

You only have to click on OK after you change a color, and it should change.

But be aware, there are more greens out there, Be sure you change the correct ones.

• Advanced Member

Not sure. Did you maybe close 3DC and reopen it to see if it picked up your color change? I'm not sure it will work on the fly, meaning, that if you are working on a mesh already and then change the color, then it updates immediately. It might but I'm not sure.

Try making sure that the green swatch you changed (I changed the upper left one) held, then close and reopen 3DC. FYI, I have magenta as my default and the edges line is magenta too, but it's much easier to see then the green on green for some reason. So for me, it's a solution.

How can you make sure it holds? At the moment I can't see anything much happening. (The below is an animated gif if you open)

post-38412-0-18954200-1433577185_thumb.g

Edited by arumiat

And there you have it. That solves all of the problems in one fell swoop. I changed the 'Retopo.aco' file to 'Retopo.aco.ORIG' so I can easily revert if necessary but I don't' see that happening. Nice TimmyZDesign...thanks.