3DCoat Forums

hello, beta 3 question.

Hello everybody,

I started to try 3d coat to retopo and some texture painting and i recently discover the power of voxel sculpting so i want to experiment it furthermore.

I have a question concerning the beta of 3.0, is it possible to extend it and how?

I've attached pictures of a hand i've been texturing with 3d coat, rendered with mr, sculpted with Zbrush.

Thanks for hearing me, and bravo for your app Andrew.

post-1128-1224933981_thumb.jpg

post-1128-1224934001_thumb.jpg

Thanks for answer Andrew, i mean export obj files and textures for sure, this to develop workflow actions.

Of course no, 45 days is not enough, i need to know how i can rely on 3dcoat and integer it in my everyday work.

By the way, your retopo tools are nearly perfect, it just lacks a way to preview the subd with the high detail projected ( like topogun).

Thanks.

Yes my trial expired, I cant export texture or objs, this is crucial.

I need to import/export obs/textures to fully test.

I've downloaded alpha 34, but no beta renewal, it says trial expired.

Is there a solution, i'm i doing something wrong?

thanks.

3dioot :

I don't intend to offend but this is the kind of comment you can keep for yourself.

I'm a professional working in a professional environment, i'm trying new tools to ease my professional life.

I'm not trying to get something free, sorry if my message let you think life is free.

Thanks for understanding.

• Advanced Member
Yes my trial expired, I cant export texture or objs, this is crucial.

I need to import/export obs/textures to fully test.

I've downloaded alpha 34, but no beta renewal, it says trial expired.

Is there a solution, i'm i doing something wrong?

thanks.

It's better to PM or email Andrew such thing privately than talk it in public. ;)

• Advanced Member

If your a profesional you would know 45 days is a generous trial period. Not only that; its 45 days of full functionality. There are plenty of other packages that have export disabled during the trial period.

You could request a single time renewed trial period because for whatever reasons you didnt make the most out of it the first time. This however is something entirely different from stating that a 45 days trial period is too short.

"Thanks for understanding."

3dioot

3dioot :

I agree with that, 45 days of full functionality is , indeed, very generous.

That was not the point of my answer to debate it, you know and i know life is not free, found it something agressive to start like giving a lesson rather than going straight to the facts.

Thanks for keeping it cool. :)

Peace.

PS:

No, sad about it but i didnt make the most out of 3dcoat in this period.

Did you ?

In general there is no easy way to expand trial. Removing trial is not easy task even if you know how to...

Maybe the problem is that 15-day trial was expired. Then you have downloaded 45-day trial but trial period was not expanded. Yes? I will think how can I help. But I can help only if 45 day was not expired.

• Advanced Member

Im glad we understand eachother now. Making statemenst such as this "Of course no, 45 days is not enough" is perhaps not the best way to go around getting what you want. Im glad you came to reason.

With that said, i can understand you not getting the most out of the trial period (it happens). Andrew is a generous guy so if you request it politely there probably is a chance you will get a trial extension. This is up to Andrew though, im just a customer.

I personally bought this package to support the development of voxel sculpting. I am excited about it, the price of 3DC is very cheap and Andrew is single man army so every customer counts. Ofcourse i knew of 3DC's awesome painting and retopo tools but its not untill recently that i have started to learn those aspects of the program. I primarily spend my trial period sculpting and being wowed by the freedom voxels bring. :lol:

Regardless of you getting an extension i dont think its possible to regret buying 3DC at its current price. That decision is up to you though.

3dioot

PS

It seems Andrew posted while i was typing this. Talk about fast (potential) customer service. ;)

In general there is no easy way to expand trial. Removing trial is not easy task even if you know how to...

Maybe the problem is that 15-day trial was expired. Then you have downloaded 45-day trial but trial period was not expanded. Yes? I will think how can I help. But I can help only if 45 day was not expired.

Andrew :

It seems what you say is my exact case, i would be very happy if there's asolution about it.

thanks for your speed answer.

• Advanced Member
So,Andrew,a smart and powerful auto-simplify retopo tool is very important for "voxel to polygon" workflow,the auto-simplify retopo tool worth you spend a week on it!

I think I'd prefer to have more streamlined manual retopo tools than an unreliable auto retop method.

• Advanced Member
popman

I am surprised that you are able to access/ use a beta version when not an owner of an earlier version.

Most unusual !-----and a very strange benefit allowed by Andrew.

Buy version2 --it's so cheap!

Brian

very surprising. how is it people are able to texture and render out in mr with the trail version. power of printscreen???

So,Andrew,a smart and powerful auto-simplify retopo tool is very important for "voxel to polygon" workflow,the auto-simplify retopo tool worth you spend a week on it!

Keeping in mind that this is an alpha (not even beta yet). The functionality you need may not be implemented yet even if you do get an extension. I believe Andrew is looking at a release in December, though I'm sure nothing is set in stone. So it could be 2 months or more before what you need is available.