3DCoat Forums

[Feature] Quad view

philnolan3d

I'm not saying this should happen right away, but maybe something to think about for the future. With 3DC becoming very much a modeling program as well as painting I think people are going to want a quad layout with a way to have background images directly on the background (not on a polygon). I really like the way they do this in LightWave and I haven't seen any other program do it as simply. Either press 0 on the num pad or a button in the corner to toggle between full screen and quad. With an image actually on the background you don't have to worry about whether your image plane is covering part of the model or it looking weird in the Perspective view. Just a thought.

• Advanced Member

I was recently thinking about something like this also. I was thinking it would be nice to be able to snap to the typical views (top, left, front, etc) while rotating the camera and holding shift. Then assign image overlays for each view (i.e. front and side) with adjustable opacity and maybe the ability to switch the image to foreground (overlay) or background.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Feature] Quad view