3DCoat Forums

Can anyone help?

Robbinlench

Hey guys, I bought 3D coat about 2 years ago and I still cant find out what actually works? What is this actually for? What did I spend money on to get? Because everything seems to work half way and then the other half is just bugs clean up. Thanks for any information on what 3D coat actually is. 

• Advanced Member

Just use stable previous version, not betas. It is good for retopo, unwrapping, baking and painting, this is best features what many user using it(even zbrush users). And it less good in sculpting and rendering, but good in concept modelling for fast sculpt base shapes. Just look in tutorials on net

Edited by sprayer

• Advanced Member

Perhaps the betas should have a message upon launching "Please be advised you are using a BETA version 4.xxxx which is prone to instability. Our most current STABLE release is 4.xxxxx. Please us the stable release if you require stability". Or something to that ilk.

• Advanced Member

What actually works?  The whole thing works...  You bought something not knowing what it's for?  How?  Why?  As mentioned its a program that is heavily used to retopo 3d models and paint textures on them.  I use it mainly for sculpting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I mainly use it for retopo and UV, there are some frustrating things with retopo that feel a bit primitive but nothing that isnt so bad that I wouldnt use it, however uv constantly crashes. Specifically when applying UV's. Right now for example I have a clean 800 poly mesh that should have no reason it would crash. 

Also sorry to anyone who didn't realize it was a satire post I  thought it was pretty obvious but seems to have gone right over your head. 

image.png

Mac version ?

Hope this help

On 5/14/2020 at 11:14 AM, SERGYI said:

Hello! It turned out that actions To ABF/GU/LSCM/Planar crashed "3DCoat" under older macOS 10.13 (but they worked under new macOS 10.15). This was because MKL required an additional dynamic library under macOS 10.13 (it was not required under new macOS 10.15). I have uploaded new build http://www.pilgway.com/~sergyi/3DCoat/3DCoat-4.9.42C.dmg in which buttons To ABF/GU/LSCM/Planar should work under older macOS 10.13 and new macOS 10.15.

To ABF 10.13 Sphere.jpg