3DCoat Forums

More convenient plane tool suggestion

• Advanced Member

Thea conceptor software introduced this method of defining workplane for On Plane operations, that I find should be included in 3dcoat. Right mouse button for rotation and with cntrl forward and backward plane movement. Gif from blender addon quick shape that uses similar thing. 

plane.gif

• Like 3

Agree.

I like Teya workflow, trying to mimic that on 3DC i can replicate using Snake tool + Splines.

Will be nice to add more control settings on Tool options and to draw free with strokes that affects size y depth by pressure. 

snake.jpg

• Advanced Member

right now surface can be defined by right mouse button. This will be new plane definition type. Press right mouse and hold - after that alt/shift will change rotation and cntrl forward/backward movement. right now you cant change camera direction when you defining plane too.

Im using now right mouse as plane definition now and 2 hotkeys for movement steps - all that clunky at best (and you need to constantly changing movent step value)

*im on wacom too

Edited by jimhatama

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

So, what if give the possibility to assign 2 keys, one (when hold) rotates plane, other - moves when mouse/pen moves? Say, hold R - it rotates. hold M - it moves. 

What about RMB hold - rotate, Double click and hold RMB - move?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

So, what if give the possibility to assign 2 keys, one (when hold) rotates plane, other - moves when mouse/pen moves? Say, hold R - it rotates. hold M - it moves. 

I personally prefer, that shift/alt/cntrl used during plane moving operation(holding right mouse). Cause less hotkey used, and you either way cannot perform these key operations while plane is moving.